So remarkable horrible..........

by Byron, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 15:45 (3672 days ago)

That I just might do it again!

12 hours and 20 miles through Kansas City in the middle of the night.

A 1000 pushups, setups, squats, flutter kicks and a 100 burpies in knee deep cold water. Lots of cold water and heavy weights.

Running up and down 25 flights of stairs in a parking garage carrying a heavy ruck, extra water and gear. Just getting started.

Carrying a rail road rail between 8 strong men and 1 strong women for 1/2 mile down Main St. at 0300....the KCMO PD were applauding us...but choose not to help.

Fishing a 30" long log out of the Missouri River and carrying it for several miles before dropping it off in a park on Troost.

Having a 265lb big strong man "shot dead" by a sniper and having to carry his body out for close to 2 miles. The shocking definition of dead weight.

Stopping at 0700 in the morning at a gas station to pee and watching the sun come up over KC and drinking a 12 pack of beer on the curb with your new friends.

Average age was late 20s. One 42 year old and little ol' me.

Raised about $500 for the Green Beret Foundation in Caitlyn's name.

I have done a lot of hard work in my life but nothing like this. Good living!
https://www.goruck.com/challenge
https://www.goruck.com/challenge

Byron

Good show!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 15:50 (3672 days ago) @ Byron

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

YOU DID GOOD !

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, September 06, 2014, 17:04 (3672 days ago) @ Byron

:-D

YOU DID GOOD !

by uncowboy, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 18:33 (3672 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Very impressed.

So remarkable horrible..........

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 18:51 (3672 days ago) @ Byron

I am really impressed that you were able to complete the run.

Hooooorah!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 19:33 (3672 days ago) @ Byron

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Fine work indeed.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 21:56 (3672 days ago) @ Byron

nm

Do you know your limitations now?

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 05:38 (3671 days ago) @ Byron

I would think after doing all that it would be no. And that is probably good.

Salute

Bob

Good show!!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 09:24 (3671 days ago) @ Byron

I doubt I could handle it at 37. I'm sure the company you had and the memories of your daughter helped to push you on.

Congrats on finishing strong!

you have mental and physical and spiritual toughness that

by cable, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 16:11 (3671 days ago) @ Byron

few can approach.. congratulations and you remain in my thoughts and prayers !

Outstanding

by mcassill, Monday, September 08, 2014, 17:38 (3670 days ago) @ Byron

Awesome!

by Brian A, Monday, September 08, 2014, 20:58 (3670 days ago) @ Byron

I maybe could have done that as a late teen, but several injuries later, not a chance. I try to keep in shape and just spent the last weekend being referred to as a 'freight train' moving down logs and branches from a storm that blew through, knocking out power to over 300,000. No one else dared lift what I was moving without strain and I was still continuing well after everyone else had given up. Yet, there is no way I could match your efforts physically in that challenge, let alone the mental toughness it must have taken, my hat is off to you. It sounds like far more than just a worthy cause and her buttons must have been bursting with pride as she watched over you.

RSS Feed of thread