Irritating doctor visit

by stonewalrus, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 09:23 (3672 days ago)

Took our 7 year old to his annual doctor visit yesterday. The nurse went through a series of screening questions. There was one I did not appreciate - "Does he have access to firearms?" We just told the nurse no rather than pitch a fit and tell them none of your business! And had I pitched a fit they would have probably labeled me somehow. I still consider it the truth - under lock and key or on my person.

Yep. They have their list they have to ask now.

by MR, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 09:37 (3672 days ago) @ stonewalrus

My last prostate biopsy, the nurse was going down the list and came to "Is anyone abusing you?" My reply "Do I look like anyone abuses me?". At least she laughed.

by uncowboy, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 10:26 (3672 days ago) @ MR

My work physical every year now asks do you shoot or hunt. This is a federal form if I don't answer I don't work. J.Michael

Our Doc is extended family...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 11:07 (3672 days ago) @ uncowboy

but of course his staff isn't. I went in for an appointment last year and a check-in nurse asked me the 'Are there firearms in your home' question. Without missing a beat I asked her "What church do you go to?" and got the blankest stare you ever saw. I said "That's right, it's a Constitutional right and none of my damn business. Just like the guns you asked me about. So write 'refused' next to that one and let's get me in to see the Doc." She got done with me pretty quick after that.

If I see that question on a form I write over it "See Second Amendment".

Our Doc is extended family...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 12:28 (3672 days ago) @ Sarge

"What church do you go to?" - good answer. :) :-D

by Drago, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 13:47 (3672 days ago) @ MR

Should have asked her what she had in mind. :-D

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 17:47 (3672 days ago) @ MR

MR you should have said. "Just the Dr."

Isn't this an illegal search from which we used to be protected?

I think since we are forewarned we should be ready with our own no answer answer to this questioned.

I will use Sarge's answer on my next physical

I don't mind lying to criminals or their accomplices...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 19:40 (3672 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I would never tell a guy covered with gang tats the truth about anything so why would I answer such questions?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

My wife said what idiot would answer Yes? The only answer is

by stonewalrus, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 22:07 (3672 days ago) @ Hobie

No.

More of the leftist AMA and Obumma trying to make guns a

by stonewalrus, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 22:09 (3672 days ago) @ RidinLou

Public Health issue.

My doctor only has two boxes you can check on his form...

by pokynojoe, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 10:08 (3671 days ago) @ stonewalrus

1) "YES"

2) "WHY NOT?"

I have already had my son shooting his 22 munchkin rifle

by stonewalrus, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 13:37 (3671 days ago) @ pokynojoe

And his Mom's Bersa 22. Bet they would be thrilled with that.

Irritating doctor visit, I've yet to be asked that question

by Murphy @, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 16:00 (3671 days ago) @ stonewalrus

And if I am?

I think I'll just go with "No, I keep em' in my vehicle".

Murphy

" do you feel safe in your home?" is one they ask me at my

by cable, Sunday, September 07, 2014, 16:19 (3671 days ago) @ MR

every three weeks infusion.......we all laugh at it, but once a fill-in nurse, quite old, sweet, doddy,etc. asked me and of course i answered in a quavery little voice " No. " so she asked me to tell her about it and what i do about it and i said ' well, i have a 45 auto, a 357, a 22 , and a couple of 40 smith and wessons next to me, and three flashlights, several knifes, a 12 gauge, and an AR15 all right next to the bed"
and she said very sincerely, is there anything else we could do to help.....my reply was " could you get me a rottweiler? I might feel better with a rottweiler there too" but at that point i couldn't help laughing and she finally said....." i am not sure you are serious"

now if they don't ask me , i complain and pout until they ask. :-D

RSS Feed of thread