Grail gun today......

by Otony, Friday, August 22, 2014, 22:04 (3687 days ago)

.....back in 1976 I went to work for USPS. In 1977 I bought two good firearms, a Colt SAA .357 Magnum and a Beretta BL2. Sometime over the next 5 or 6 years I sold or traded both off for who the h3!! knows what. I can't remember what I got for either, but I remember who got each one. Odd that, eh?

Anyway, I've replaced that SAA many times over, and now own a bevy of Rugers, Ubertis, and a lone .44 Special USFA Flattop Target. The USFA represents that original Colt for me, the rest are working guns.

On the shotgun front there are a variety of nice pieces in my safe, a couple of classic side by sides, a custom stocked Valmet o/u, a Browning A3, an Ithaca pump, etc., but I've never, ever forgotten that Beretta.

So over the last few weeks I've been watching a variety of old Berettas on Gunbroker, working myself up to buying one, when today a fellow walks in with a BL4, two grades higher than my original shotgun. Hmmm, things are looking interesting!

He wanted, of all things, a Ruger Single Six .17HMR. We had, of all things, one in the case. He wanted to do a swap, and I pulled the boss aside to let him know I desperately wanted the Beretta. The boss asked him if he would swap even-up, which the fellow was happy to do.

Go figure, 'cause I asked him if he knew what the Beretta was worth. Indeed he did, but he REALLY, REALLY wanted that Ruger. My boss just wanted the price he had on the Ruger, as he knew what the BL4 meant to me. So after 30 years I am the owner of a fine Italian shotgun once more, and for a song at that.

Otony, who figures life is good......

Grail gun today......

by Bob Hatfield @, Saturday, August 23, 2014, 03:20 (3687 days ago) @ Otony

[image]

Awesome!

by cubrock, Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:45 (3686 days ago) @ Otony

Post pics when you can. :)

Good boss it's a good day.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, August 23, 2014, 11:14 (3686 days ago) @ Otony

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread