Sight pusher on Springfield XDS

by stonewalrus, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 18:32 (3695 days ago)

Sight pusher worked like a charm. I had no trouble at all switching out sights. I think the key is they push right to left as you look down the sights. Most are the opposite. I used the one from www.sightpusher.com. Cost me around $60 but it was well worth it.

Thanks for the followup on this...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 20:41 (3695 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sight pusher on Springfield XDS

by Gary G, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 21:32 (3695 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I am so glad for you on that...I bent three sight pushers on the beast that I had.

No expert but from what I have read XDMs are a lot harder to

by stonewalrus, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 21:39 (3695 days ago) @ Gary G

Do than XDS. Maybe Springfield toned down when they started making the XDS.

Good news...glad it went well

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 21:33 (3695 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Depending on what Springfield tells me on my XDs, I might want to rent that sight pusher from you...if you are willing.

Shipping costs would be all I would ask

by stonewalrus, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 21:41 (3695 days ago) @ Cherokee

I do need to see if I have them lined up laterally but that will take some shooting to figure out. The sight is noticeably taller even just looking down the sights.

Glad you had good results...

by woody, Friday, August 15, 2014, 06:32 (3694 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Springfield XD's have a reputation of being very hard to move the rear sight. I know of a few a few shops that have ruined there tool trying to move them or refuse to change sights on XD's. Just talked with someone from B & J tool and he gave me a tip they use with their sight adjuster tool(is an awesome sight tool). They recomend getting the pin right on the rear sight with alittle pressure then hitting it with a good weight hammer to break it loose.

Glad you had good results...

by Gary G, Friday, August 15, 2014, 18:56 (3694 days ago) @ woody

Custom Shop told me the same thing about tapping it hard,,I explained it would crack the tritium insert and my (glow in the dark would leak out) Well I did ,,It did, and they told me I was on my own after they told me to go ahead and tap it they would stand behind replacement if it leaked out.
So I was out of the XD business by end of day. Just my experience I did like the gun other than that.

RSS Feed of thread