Taurus 445 ti question

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:17 (3696 days ago)

Anyone ever give one a try? This is the titanium 5 shot .44 special made probably in '03 or so. Got one cheap on an online auction yesterday, simply because it was a .44 special and when I looked at them years ago I liked the idea (though not the ported barrel). It should make a decent revolver for some purpose, I'll just have to figure out what purpose that is when it arrives.

I like 'em!

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:59 (3696 days ago) @ Wildcat

I believe that they were done in non-ported versions also. If'n I weren't thick with Bulldogs I'd be looking for one too.

Taurus 445 ti question

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 19:06 (3696 days ago) @ Wildcat

I came close a couple times to buying a similar model both in .45 Colt and acp. I lost out on the auctions and was bummed until I went to the safe and grabbed a reliable, more compact Commander that held three more rounds!!! I'd still want one if I found one at a decent price, though...

Taurus 445 ti question

by ERSisk, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 19:40 (3696 days ago) @ Wildcat

I have had one for a few years now. I am not a fan of ported barrels, but it does work well on this lightweight shooter. The Ribber grips also work well for me. Mine is outstandingly accurate. It is a perfect pack and canoe gun, light, corrosion resistant, plenty of power in.

I've had two both nice for the price But not as reliable as

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 20:10 (3696 days ago) @ ERSisk

S&W.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I've had two both nice for the price But not as reliable as

by uncowboy, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 20:45 (3696 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have it in 41 mag It was a great gun and shot well. With hot loads the bolt(cyl stop) would fall out under high recoil and the cyl would spin. Taurus said they would put a stronger spring in it and refused to send me the spring. I sent it back with a gun that had a bad chamber on the cyl. They replaced the cyl on the ti 41 and now it is a 5" gun. Things like this is why there repair dept got such a bad name.
J.Michael

Twice I had people send me cylinders with bad chambers.

by cas, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 23:21 (3696 days ago) @ uncowboy

I probably saw a half dozen or more Taurus cylinders in all those years, so percentage wise, two is a lot. Also the reason I eventually refused to work on them.

One of them was the most bizarre chamber I've ever seen the figure eight chamber. The mouth of the throat was a "o" and the mouth of the chamber was a "o" , but down in the chamber, at the front of the case, the chamber was shaped like "8". (okay not a complete eight lol. Sort of like looking through binoculars as compared to looking through a telescope.)

RSS Feed of thread