Retro AR15A1 upper and stock......good stuff cheap....

by Byron, Saturday, March 10, 2012, 14:48 (4443 days ago)

A few years ago I got the urge for a lightweight 20" AR and bought an unused M16A1 upper and A1 stock. It arrived with the paper tube still down the barrel.

I shot it a bit, maybe a 100 rounds of 5.56 and a bit more of .22 LR with the conversion kit. The 12" twist is maybe (maybe) a touch more accurate with the rimfire conversion than the fast twists on the other ARs.

I have shot up the last of my 55 grain ammo and do not plan on getting anymore....heavy ball is in my opinion a better choice.

Anyway....it going down the river and will make a fab little rifle for someone who shoots 55 grain ammo.

The A1 stock is an early one without buttplate trap and the A1 upper is also early with the flashhider slotted all the way around and teardrop forward assist. Again next to new front to back, inside and out.

Will put together into a Viet style 6.5lb rifle in a jiffy.[image]

I will throw in a set of A2 round handguards as well. $400 to your door.

Also for sale is an Armson OEG tritium/fiber optic sight bought new back in my Mel Tappen days....some of you will remember him....
[image]
[image]

Also next to new...the tritium has burned out but Trijicon can recharge it inexpensivly (I think about 30 bucks)....this was very stuffy stuff back when...$100 to you.

Thanks for looking.

Byron

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread