So, the frame was reblued.......

by Otony, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 20:47 (3743 days ago)
edited by Hobie, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 09:14

........but the rest is pretty much untampered with. Apparently there had been some corrosion issues with the frame, but the hammer, trigger, guard, and barrel are untouched. The reblue did not damage any edges or the shield, so I can easily live with it, especially given the price. The photos make it seem as though it has more wear and dings than actually exist, plus I cannot figure out how to turn them right side up, but you get the idea.

Better yet, the bore is perfect, the ejector works perfectly, the chamber is not dinged or hosed, nor is the firing pin. Lock up is very tight, no perceptible wobble whatsoever. Sadly, it does not have the Olympic chamber, but I'm no Olympian. ;-)

One grip is broken, but I have a replica set coming from Vintage Grips. The originals will be safely stored away.

Since these typically begin around $1000, price wise, my paying $600 shipped seems like a true bargain. Only 4600 and a handful more were made from 1906 to 1909, mine is #1496, so probably a first year gun. This was a definite grail gun for me, another off the bucket list.

I did good!:-D

Otony[image]
[image]
[image]

So, the frame was reblued.......

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 07:20 (3742 days ago) @ Otony

Good snag, enjoy it. For something that old, I'ed say its in great shape.

If you are using an iphone the only way I have

by stonewalrus, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 09:01 (3742 days ago) @ Otony

Figured to get them right side up is to take them upside down. I have tried modifying them on a computer with no luck either. Strange that the pics are fine on Facebook.

If you are using an iphone the only way I have

by Otony, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 10:04 (3742 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Almost, it is an iPad. And you are right, on Facebook it is right side up. Odd.

Otony

on my iphone 5 i just take the photo and then there is an

by cable, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 19:04 (3739 days ago) @ stonewalrus
edited by cable, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 19:15

edit function,upper right hand corner of the frame when viewing the photo; when you chooose that , there is then a little symbol at bottom left that allows you to rotate the image, 90 degrees at a time, and save it.

And, another good lookin' Smith!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 10:36 (3742 days ago) @ Otony

Always wanted done of those.

As for the upside-down pictures? I just figured you moved to Australia!

Very cool, looking forward to some range reports.... nm

by Brian A, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 21:39 (3742 days ago) @ Otony

nm

RSS Feed of thread