Douglas Dean Koch aka Buffboy (1956-2011)

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, March 04, 2012, 16:52 (4460 days ago)

I am late to the parade but a poster over on Leverguns passed almost a year ago and I didn't know about it. I was asked, hadn't heard from him awhile off line either and discovered the obit. I don't know if any of you are interested but to assuage my personal guilt I'm posting the obit here anyway.

DOUGLAS KOCH

Douglas Dean Koch, 54 of Gann Valley, South Dakota. Died on April 7, 2011 at Sanford Medical Center in Chamberlain, South Dakota. Funeral services will be on Tuesday, April 12, 11:00 AM at the Fire Hall in Gann Valley, South Dakota.

Arrangements by Hickey Funeral Home in Chamberlain, SD.

Douglas Dean Koch was born December 4, 1956 in Brookings, South Dakota to Harold and Norma Koch. He attended grade school in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, German Town Hills, Illinois, Schofield, Wisconsin, Highland Country School, Buffalo County, South Dakota, and graduated 8th grade in Gann Valley. He graduated High School in Wessington Springs in 1975. He farmed with his family and co-managed Koch Mfg. Co.

Doug married Grace Keeble on February 12, 2005. He worked as Deputy Sheriff and as a roving Deputy for Buffalo County Court House. He was a volunteer fireman for Buffalo County. He was chairman of the Republican Party for several years.

Doug had his pilot’s license and loved to fly. He was an avid sportsman and was truly a man of many talents. He loved his family and friends dearly and will be missed by all who knew him and relied on his talents and his great love of life.

He is survived by his wife, Grace, and her daughter Shawna; his father, Harold Koch; a brother, Deach (Bonnie) and family Travis (Lindsey and sons Mason and Miles) and Nicole; and brother Jay (Amy) and family Harmony and son Isaac, Melody, Ben and Carly. He was preceded in death by his mother Norma Koch and nephew Dustin Wade Koch.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread