Well, I returned home from New Mexico last night...

by pokynojoe, Monday, May 19, 2014, 22:27 (3783 days ago)

And I have to say, it truly is "enchanting".

Here's a link to a bunch of photos I took should anyone be interested:

http://s676.photobucket.com/user/pokynojoe/library/New%20Mexico%20%20May%202014

There's four groups and I haven't had time to label all of them.

one group is pics of the Biological Gardens in ABQ

Then there's Bandolero National Monument

some of Valles Caldera

and a group in Sandia National Forest(I rode the tram and hiked around)

It seemed like every time I turned around, there was something wonderful to see.

This was only my second time west of the Mississippi, I hope I get to go again some day.

Neat pictures Joe!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 06:51 (3783 days ago) @ pokynojoe

I have never been there...will have to wander through one day. Thanks!

Certainly looks nice...

by Brian A, Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 11:00 (3783 days ago) @ pokynojoe

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like Elizabeth is doing well, glad you had a good visit. I have been there three times, always in the winter, and always passing through on my way elsewhere. They say spring is the best time to be there and your pictures sure bear that out. One day I would love to hit Whittington again and visit Founder's Ranch as well, maybe even see Philmont.

Elizabeth is doing well...

by pokynojoe, Friday, May 23, 2014, 06:37 (3780 days ago) @ Brian A

Her job allows her to live anywhere she wants, so about a year ago she moved from New York to New Mexico, she had just gotten back from two weeks in Budapest the week before I went out there, she travels quite a bit for work, which is right up her alley. I had not seen her since early last Fall, thus the reason for the trip. That's the problem with a "wander'in" daughter, and a Dad with limited means, I probably won't get to see her again til next year. I wish she lived a lot closer, but it is what it is.

I hope you are doing well, say hi to your Mom and Pop for me.

Elizabeth is doing well...

by Brian A, Friday, May 23, 2014, 16:50 (3779 days ago) @ pokynojoe

My folks say hello back and they are looking forward to visiting with you again next winter when they head south, our treat this time though.

Well, I returned home from New Mexico last night...

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 20:31 (3782 days ago) @ pokynojoe

Great Pics.

The Tram in ABQ takes ya from something like 6000 asl to 10,000 and change in 15-20 minutes. At one point you are 800 ft off of the ground.

When you were in Valles Caldera you actually drove across part of the inside of the volcano.

Where you were sowing the results of flooding, it is likely the site of a fire some years ago and then when there were some "Heavy Thunderstorms" later it all washed down and "tore up jack".

If you ever want to see some of that country from the air, go to:

http://www.jeffsflightlog.com/

And go through the albums.

Glad you enjoyed it.

That part of the state is beautiful

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Thursday, May 22, 2014, 09:52 (3781 days ago) @ pokynojoe

We have some real pretty places down this way, but if I had my druthers, I would live up in that part of the state, I dearly miss fly fishing. Happy you had a pleasant visit.

Dave

RSS Feed of thread