Taurus customer service - it is pretty pitiful when you call

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 16:20 (3789 days ago)
edited by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 16:27

A gun company's customer service and it is obvious the guy on the other end of the phone knows nothing about guns. My Mil Pro drops magazines after 2 - 3 shots (didn't use to). I had heard they make an improved mag release but they won't let me have one - it is a "restricted part" and the gun has to be sent in. I have reversed the safety to see if that would help (I'm a lefty - haven't tried it yet) so I think I could install a new one! Apparently the Mil Pros are notorious for this problem. I will NEVER buy another Taurus semi auto.

BTW the idiot was trying to tell me I should have no trouble at all since I am left handed and my fingers are nowhere near the release. It is under the top edge of my palm!?! I doubt he had ever seen that model, let alone handled it or shot it.

They're kind of like...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 17:29 (3789 days ago) @ stonewalrus

women. You can have fun with a bad one for awhile, but you'll probably be sorry later ;)

Good gun to buy and take home and stick in a drawer

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 17:39 (3789 days ago) @ Sarge

And never shoot it... I think better of their revolvers.

They're kind of like women....

by Byron, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 18:02 (3789 days ago) @ Sarge

I was going to say something....

I'm in enough trouble around here.

Byron

They're kind of like...

by Jared, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 20:32 (3789 days ago) @ Sarge

I have shot, played with, and worked on at least a dozen different Taurus handguns, not women. They have never struck me as being well built once you get inside of them it is even worse. Comparing their revolvers internally to a S&W is an eye opener.

I have never owned a Taurus, years ago I was tempted by a few models but that temptation passed and has never come back.

I feel the same way about Mossberg pumps

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 20:55 (3789 days ago) @ Jared

After I had to rebuild a 20 gauge. Hadn't even run that many rounds through it. I doubt I've run 500 through the Taurus. I also HATE Heinie Straight Eight sights by the way.

I also find it a telltale sign there aren't aftermarket

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 21:12 (3789 days ago) @ Jared

Parts For Taurus's either.

Taurus customer service - it is pretty pitiful when you call

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 18:05 (3789 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Years ago I had trouble with a PT99. They fixed it but it took a while. My 24/7 Gen1 OSS 5" has been trouble free. I agree they should now what they are talking about - poor.

I think the latest generation may be better but I am not

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 18:09 (3789 days ago) @ Cherokee

Going to spend my hard earned money to find out. I would probably have sent it in but I changed out the sights and did a less than exemplary job that I won't go into. I figure I voided the warranty.

by uncowboy, Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 05:42 (3789 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I have a Tracker revolver there for a five weeks and no word from them yet.

by Jared, Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 07:31 (3789 days ago) @ stonewalrus

When their compact 11 shot .45 came out my father in law bought one, it was a decent shooter, but would missfire at least a couple of times every magazine. I loaded some ammo with Federal primers and it was about the same. He sent it back to them twice, with no change except that the reliability on feeding went down. He had to pay for shipping both times and finally traded it off. A couple of years later he traded into another that wouldn't feed and had misfires.

Revolvers are decent but been told never buy an auto

by StoneWolf, Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 07:14 (3789 days ago) @ stonewalrus

By several people. I tend to frequent several gun shops and have been told that it's not uncommon for people to bring the auto's back to be shipped into the company for some malfunction, defect or another issue.

RSS Feed of thread