Mothers Day brunch.......

by Otony, Sunday, May 11, 2014, 22:01 (3791 days ago)

Took the family to the Marcus Whitman Hotel to treat mama. We all had a wonderful time and I did my best to frighten the oyster table into submission. Mama was well pleased, which was nice as she can be a fussy eater. She isn't picky about what she eats, but rather how it is prepared. Her enjoyment means lots of FRESH food, that isn't overdone, or fried, or fatty. The Marcus filled that bill to perfection.

So, a question. Is a baker's dozen oysters, along with ten large prawns, and a lot of salmon (both smoked, poached, and a mousse) too much? There may have been a fair amount of a lot of capresi salad and prosciutto involved as well, with some wonderful vegetables to accompany it all. Oh, and desserts, blood orange sorbet and lots of fresh fruit. And champagne, plenty of champagne.

Life is rough on mom's day!

Otony

We had a great gathering yesterday...

by bigbore442001 @, So. Worcester Co. Massachusetts, Monday, May 12, 2014, 14:34 (3791 days ago) @ Otony

My parents, mother in law, wife, sisters in law and nephew shared a meal. Of course mine came with the obligatory Samuel Adams Summer ale.

Too much?

by Byron, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 18:06 (3789 days ago) @ Otony

As Mae West said, "too much of a good thing is just right"!

I like women who eat oysters. They are good for you.

Byron

Too much?

by Otony, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 18:09 (3789 days ago) @ Byron

Ha! That is what I ate! She is far more demure......but she did have a few oysters.

Otony

RSS Feed of thread