kimber solo

by stonecoldrc, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 13:24 (4464 days ago)

Anybody out there had one of these long enough to have carried and shot it a bunch? I shot one the other day for a little while (30 rounds)and kind of liked it. Reminded me of my 1903 Colt but smaller, more power, and better sights. I have read the reviews, etc. but wanted to hear from the real world.

kimber solo

by uncowboy, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 15:07 (4464 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I got all hot and bothered to get one but after thinking on it a bit,For the money it doesnt do anything My mini Glock can't do. OR a Ruger at half the price.STILL a very nice gun. J.Michael

kimber solo

by JD, Western Washington, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 15:19 (4464 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I looked very closely at the Solo and then finally decided on a Kahr CM9. Reviews on the Solo have been mixed, and the choices Kimber gives for suitable ammo is limited. The CM9 on the other hand, is lighter, slightly smaller, shoots any ammo, and has been around long enough with the PM9 to prove itself. I REALLY like my CM9. I can just slip it in a pocket, stick an extra mag in another pocket and be good to go....

Just my 2 cents........
JD

kimber solo

by stonecoldrc, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 15:50 (4464 days ago) @ JD

I have had those same thoughts and so far they have kept me from buying a Solo, but I still want to hear from someone who has one and has shot it a bunch, rather than those who have not bought one for what ever reason. I don't need one, as I have a Kahr 40 and a mini Glock. I just seem to have an itch for one and wanted to hear from someone who took the plunge.

kimber solo

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, March 01, 2012, 10:16 (4463 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I understand completely. I really like the looks of the Solo... A lot like an old Colt pocket pistol.

One of my hunting buddies has a Solo, but he hasn't fired it much. The little he has fired it, it has been completely reliable with Remington 124 grain Golden Sabre ammo...

kimber solo

by ~JM~, Thursday, March 01, 2012, 13:21 (4463 days ago) @ JD

I looked at one as soon as I found one, but was put off by the weight. I would like to see an aluminum frame, or even polymer frame version. Other than the weight it sure has potential.

~JM~

kimber solo

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, March 01, 2012, 14:32 (4463 days ago) @ ~JM~

The Solo does have an aluminum alloy frame, and weighs in at 17 oz. unloaded if I recall correctly...

kimber solo

by stonecoldrc, Thursday, March 01, 2012, 16:20 (4463 days ago) @ JD

Thanks, JD. You are correct about the aluminum allow frame and the weight at 17 oz. empty. I guess it could be slightly lighter with a plastic frame, but at this light weight, why bother? Glad your friend has had good luck with his. I will likely end up buying one at some point.

kimber solo

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, March 01, 2012, 17:46 (4463 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

If you do get one, please keep us posted on how it performs. Like you, I'm really interested in how it performs and how reliable it is.... I'm not sure I would end up buying one, as I really like how my Kahr CM9 performs and its 14 oz. weight, but I do have to admit that the Solo really looks like a neat gun. :-D

RSS Feed of thread