Moon clips

by Josh Maloley, Monday, May 05, 2014, 17:40 (3797 days ago)

I have a couple of revolvers that I'd like to moon clip (one is in my pocket right now).

I know there are a few places that do it, but I'm looking for recommendations based on experience.

Same with brands of clips and mooning tools - looking for recommendations based on experience.

Please and thanks. - JM.

TK customs did mine 100.00 turned around in a week

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 05, 2014, 18:51 (3797 days ago) @ Josh Maloley

works wonderfully.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I second that...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, May 05, 2014, 19:33 (3797 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

...Jeff has had a couple done by TK, there's an article in our archive section.

The De Mooner is a good tool Ranch Products makes the first

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 10:40 (3797 days ago) @ Josh Maloley

&best clips in my experience. Also Ranch Products 1/3 clips are handy as they lay flat and you don't have to wait until the gun is empty to reload.
Dillon's revolver page is a good source of a verity of full moon clip tools ammo carrying devices etc. HKS (& I) make double speed loader pouches that will hold 4 45 ACP moon clip. These are bulky, but protect the clips. We also make a split 6 style for a single moon clip that straddles the belt. Mike Barranti has a excellent solution, matt Del Fatti has a patented single pouch that points the bullet nose out and lays the clip as flat as possible.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread