NRA Show

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 08:52 (3806 days ago)

I went with a buddy yesterday to the NRA show here in Indianapolis. I must admit, I was pretty amazed! Just about anything you could think of gun related was there. I can only imagine how impressive the SHOT show is if its considerably larger than this one. I ran into Boge Quinn waiting to get inside and Jeff wandered over as we were talking It was good to finally meet those guys in person. I also made my way to the Ergo booth and met up with Travis Boggus, another fine fellow! My buddy and I were walking through the Savage booth and I looked over at a guy siting down who looked familiar. I got a little closer an saw his name badge said John Plaster! I couldn't believe it! I wen over and talked to him for a little bit and was in awe. He seemed surprised that a younger guy like me knew about some of the fun stuff he had used over in Vietnam, Like suppressed High Standards, and Welrods! He signed a photo for me and told me about a presentation he was doing later that afternoon on the weapons of MAC-V SOG. I looked up the info and made sure to head that way. It was the most interesting two hours I've spent in a long time!! I also go a chance to talk with Chris Costa, of Magpul Dynamics fame. I was really impressed with the knowledge of most of the vendors. Specifically, I had some echnical questions for the folks at XS Sights, Boyd's Stocks and Troy Industries. They were all very helpful in answering questions. Got plenty of catalogs, stickers, patches, posters, even a few beer bottle openers! Bought some G10 grips for my 1911, and a few fun tee shirts from AAC silencers. I saw R Lee Ermy and a couple of guys from Red Jacket firearms of Sons of Guns fame, but didn't want to wait in line for an autograph. I somehow didn't take a single picture the whole time I was there, too busy looking and talking, I guess!

I really wish I could go back today. The list of seminars I saw seemed really useful and I think I could sit there most of the day listening to the speakers on everything from Guns of D-day, to personal defense mindset to dog training and wild game food prep. I figured the speeches would be a bunch of ra ra go team stuff, but it seems much more useful than that!

It was a great show and definitely worth the time if one comes anywhere near close to you.

It was good to meet you...

by Boge Quinn, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 14:02 (3806 days ago) @ Slow Hand

...just got home half an hour ago. We always enjoy the NRA show, it's way more laid-back than SHOT.

It was good to meet you...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 16:54 (3806 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Good meeting you too. Hope you guys got our Popeyes fix in the way home!

NRA Annual Meeting Show

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 15:40 (3806 days ago) @ Slow Hand

We are lucky enough to have it here next year.

Maybe we can get all the Tennessee and surrounding states members in one or two different places during the meeting.

Glad you had a good time, sorry not to have met you.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 21:55 (3805 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Passed the Quinn brothers as they were wandering through searching for good stuff. Got to see my old friend Perry who now works for Yankee Hill Machine AND got closer to the straight skinny on the current state of Maxim "silencer" ownership. I am going to, sooner or later, get one for the 12CS. It was a good annual meeting but those convention centers are getting bigger and bigger. Was a bit surprised at how easy it is to get in and out of Indianapolis. Did not see Creeker as I passed through Beckley going or coming, we went through pretty darn quick. The Ruger Collector's Association display was pretty darn neat.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread