Speaking of small guns.

by Flatlander, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 21:12 (3806 days ago)

I have been tinkering with S&W M&P stuff for a while now. Some things I prefer about the line, some I don't, but generally I really like the trigger in the full size gun and the M&P Shield. While I have a Ruger LCP, I have never warmed up to it, just something about the grip.

S&W has had the Boydguard out for a while, with the laser, and I hadn't warmed up to them either. I saw the new M&P Bodyguards, which are a laser-less, sleeker model, tried one out, and am impressed. It has a second-strike-capable trigger (for lack of a better word?), real sights, but most importantly, feels a whole lot more like a gun in the hand, like the axis is lower in the hand ... width is the same as an LCP, as is height, more or less. Well-dehorned. Reliable thus far, but I believe the "thus far" might be said of any pocket sized gun. So far, I am generally of the opinion that it carries as easily as my NAA Pug revolver, is a true pocket sized gun (as opposed to "pocket" guns that require mighty big pockets) ... I like it.

I have approached defense weapons in a layered manner. I don't think this is a bad choice for the layer right above the pocketknife.

[image][image]

Speaking of small guns.

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 21:50 (3806 days ago) @ Flatlander

That looks interesting, Mark. Is that the same one Jerry Miculek uses in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fwb-9aYDa0&list=PLFWh-_7kw52r9aRxT_0CpBOPyO1Kro4_N&...

He indicated the sights were less than optimal, but am not sure if it's due to "no longer 20 year old" eyes or if they really are diminutive. Surely they're not as bad as early 20th century sixgun sights, and they are obviously good enough for him to pull off that shot.

So far I've managed to not handle any of the current crop of 9mm Kurtz pistolas, but am fascinated by the concept. :) And being weirdly influenced by living abroad I'd love to see some of them offered in the good ol' Browning 7.65 mm round as well. :-D :stirpot:

I like those much better...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 07:00 (3806 days ago) @ Flatlander

w/o all the front-end clutter,

I like those much better...

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 15:43 (3806 days ago) @ Sarge

If I get one of the little pistolass or carry, I plan to shoot it enough that sights are unimportant. After all at "those kinds of distances" aiming may take too much time.

Time for mind over arm and pistol.

Speaking of small guns.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 18:44 (3805 days ago) @ Flatlander

I am aware of S&W Bodygard pistol. Is the M&P the same pistol or am I confused as usual?

Art

Totally different critter than the M&P

by stonewalrus, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 19:50 (3805 days ago) @ Art

M&P comes in 9mm, 40 and 45. Bodyguard only comes in 380. Sort of Smith's answer to the LCP.

there is the standard bodyguard and the M&P bodyguard -

by Flatlander, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 20:27 (3805 days ago) @ Art

the standard has the laser.

The m&P version does not, and has dovetail sights and different slide serrations.

there is the standard bodyguard and the M&P bodyguard -

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Monday, April 28, 2014, 06:43 (3805 days ago) @ Flatlander

Thanks. Clears that up.

Art

RSS Feed of thread