The Whelen Bug

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 09:17 (3807 days ago)

I received my new mold from Tom at Accurate Bullet Molds, a 350gr FNGC design in .375, well needless to say, now I am wondering how sweet a properly chambered 375 Whelen would be. I am shooting the bullets from my 375 Ruger, and I do love this rifle, but I will admit I tend towards the heavy bullet at modest velocities way of thinking. So, I have been reading a good bit about Col. Whelen's creations, and they appear to be the bee's knees when it comes to shooting heavy for caliber bullets at modest velocities.

[image]

Bro' Dan has one.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 28, 2014, 09:48 (3805 days ago) @ Dave B

I don't recall much about it other than he has it. I can ask him regarding loads or whatever if you'd like.

Bro' Dan has one.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Monday, April 28, 2014, 10:06 (3805 days ago) @ Hoot

I sent him an email yesterday. There are a couple on gunbroker that are reasonably priced, shocked that they have a 1:15 twist, but according to the twist calculator it should stabilize my big 350 grain bullet with no problems. I am obsessed with the 375, it has even eclipsed my 45/70 obsession.

Dave

You know my brother too?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 28, 2014, 10:18 (3805 days ago) @ Dave B

;-) I assume you are speaking of Bullet Man Dan. I meant my brother (who is also Dan) has one. I am pretty sure he took it pig hunting with us in the Year of The Bullet-proof Hog.

You know my brother too?

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Monday, April 28, 2014, 11:09 (3805 days ago) @ Hoot

Sorry, no, but if he is cut from the same cloth as thou art, I would be honored to know thy Brother Dan. I was indeed thinking of Bullet Man Dan!

Dave

Thank you for the kind words Dave.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 06:44 (3803 days ago) @ Dave B

RSS Feed of thread