I wouldn't even know how to accurately measure THIS

by brionic @, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 10:18 (3810 days ago)
edited by brionic, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 15:45

While having fun at the range on Saturday with the boys, the inevitable "authority" invited himself into our business.

My mistake was asking him about the ACOG atop his fancy new-looking SCAR. So yeah, I opened the door.

He started in on his wonderful SCAR 17, and how my "old" FR8 was a relic of a bygone era. Of course, I agree, but for unrelated reasons.

But then he told me that his rifle and scope - neither of which showed any noticeable wear - allow him to shoot:

1/4 MOA - Ha! - get this...

... at 25 yards. :-|

Cue the Kasper Gutman laugh, as John K has articulated.

Watch those mall ninjas

by Fowler, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 11:21 (3810 days ago) @ brionic

I had a couple invite themselves into my shooting area last summer. Dumb asses couldn't hit a 12" gong at 65 yards and then looked my single actions over as I sat dumbfounded on my tailgate. Said they were "sort of cool toys" I think I said that yes to the unskilled and unknowing they were much like their ARs, great noise makers. And I then rang that gong 5 times that he hit twice with a 30 round mag.

Never fired more satisfying shots.

Ha! For the win.

by brionic @, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 11:27 (3810 days ago) @ Fowler

When "our" guy broke out his shiny new .500 S&W and started in on dirt clods at 10 yards, we packed up and left.

Gotta love those guys

by mcassill, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 14:19 (3810 days ago) @ brionic

When the feces hit the oscillating device, somebody with actual skill will end up with his nice stuff in short order.

Remind me to comment on that next time I see you in person

by MR, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 14:30 (3810 days ago) @ brionic

When you're that good, you don't need to steenkin measure...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 21:21 (3809 days ago) @ brionic

you KNOW.

Former (THANKFULLY) BIL told me he had a rifle

by stonewalrus, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 05:39 (3809 days ago) @ Hoot

That would keep all its shots inside a dime at 300 yards. Of course he was also proud of a pair of binoculars that were a brand name "it said binoculars right on them!" Then there were his two brothers named Ed (no joke!)...

RSS Feed of thread