How to price used Dillon Reloading Equipment

by Gary G, Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:57 (4467 days ago)

Got a Buddy that got a used 1050 and a 650 press with a small pickup full of extras.

Got the 1050 set up and he has decided he does not want the 650..It has a case feed about 8 to 12 extra tool heads a small box of extra small stuff.

Any of you guys know how or where I can find to price it for him?

GFG

Without any more info, I would guess $800 or $900. He could

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:08 (4467 days ago) @ Gary G

go to any of the several gun forums that he is a member of and post for sale with details of the "extra's" and fair estimate of condition.

by bj @, Monday, February 27, 2012, 10:47 (4466 days ago) @ Gary G

I haven't checked recently but reloading stuff used to be available on ebay. Also it might be sold on auction sites like gunbroker.com. To determine real value you have to look at the completed auctions and see what people are actually paying for the stuff, not what sellers are asking for the stuff.

If you can't determine anything from that research, I would suggest that pricing for the presses in good shape should start at about 70% of their new price. The extras might not bring that much unless you sell them individually which is a lot of trouble. If you lump in all of the extras you might get 50% of new value for them. And this is mostly because someone that buys a big package might not need every one of the extras. Plus someone like me would normally be inclined to buy just the press and the bare essentials first, and buy the extras one at a time over a period of time.

Thank You

by Gary G, Monday, February 27, 2012, 19:11 (4466 days ago) @ bj

will check those out

by ben @, Tuesday, May 08, 2012, 17:36 (4395 days ago) @ Gary G

dos he have that 650 and of so what dos he need out of it?
looking for used dillon press 650 or 550b

RSS Feed of thread