Springfield XDs 9mm

by stonecoldrc, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 14:51 (3821 days ago)

I picked up one of these this week. Nice shooting and carrying little gun. No soul (same as a Glock) but a very effective tool. I think I will enjoy it.

Springfield XDs 9mm

by Murphy @, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 16:12 (3820 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

We have one on the stable. I picked ours up about 10-11 years back. Long ago, the Springfield XD's were known as HS2000's. I truly can't recall who first imported them but they didn't seem to go over that well.

Then Springfield Armory picked up the XD's and put their name on it. They started to sell like hotcakes then. I first picked one up in .45 Auto, which came in 4" barrel length only at the time. I later sold it and picked up a 5" Tactical, I wanted the extra 1" and it balances well in my hand.

I had just remarried and wanted the wife to enjoy my sport, she was more than happy to join in. The hard thing was, finding an automatic she could manipulate the slide on. After takin her to several friends places and a few shops, she decided she liked the XD (small hands).

Yep, I like it. Light and easy to carry, and in a small enough package concealment isn't much of an issue at all.

Murphy

Springfield XDs 9mm

by Jared, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 16:55 (3820 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I have a .45 and it is one of my favorite carry guns. I am not a plastic gun guy, but I make an exception for them. I shot mine a little this afternoon. I am more than a little intrigued by the new one they have out with the same grip but a 4" barrel.

I just looked at a 4" today...

by matt/pa @, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 17:33 (3820 days ago) @ Jared

Not sure the extra 7/10 of an inch makes a difference to me...sure, more sight radius, but for a pocket pistol? And more weight for recoil, OK, but the recoil on my XDs 45 is manageable as is...

Matt

I just looked at a 4" today...

by Jared, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 19:37 (3820 days ago) @ matt/pa

I was looking at their website and didn't realize that they were only in 9mm. I would really like to find a CCO commander upper with a lightweight officers lower. I was thinking the longer XDs would be close. If I ever handle one I may change my mind.

Springfield ..mine is an early 45 I carry it every day .

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 18:20 (3820 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I have been happy with all my Xd's

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Springfield XDs 9mm

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 19:49 (3820 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

Have one and it about the best CCW I have tried. Got the Pearce grip extensions for the Mags but not sure I need them even with my X-large hands. It is always fighting with my S&W 638 for CCW.

Regards

Art

Springfield XDs 9mm

by Jared, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 22:36 (3820 days ago) @ Art

I have tried the Pierce grip on one of my magazines but I don't really care for it. I still have to wrap my pinky under it so it gets in my way. My wife likes it though, It allows her to get a comfortable 3 finger grip.

Springfield XDs 9mm

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, April 12, 2014, 20:04 (3820 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

I need to look at the new XDs in 9mm. My EDC is an XD9SC that is great but the XDs might work better for deep CC. My range guns are XDM Comp's in 9 & 45, plus assorted 1911's, revolvers, etc....

RSS Feed of thread