I can now legally carry a sword concealed!

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 08:13 (3824 days ago)

TN Governor signed a bill yesterday making carrying switchblades legal and removing the max 4" blade length for concealed knives. Guess I need one of BJs monster bowies like Rob was carrying at CSA.

I can now legally carry a sword concealed!

by Mark, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 09:18 (3824 days ago) @ stonewalrus

What is it like living in a state that acknowledges personal freedom?
Enjoy what you have before the NY & California desease spreads.
mark

Think Beltsword!

by Scribe, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 11:45 (3824 days ago) @ Mark

From the web:

BeltSword is the World's First Weapon System that can totally hide and conceal a massive 1½ inch-wide by 33 inch-long (sword) RazorSword. RazorRazor, LLC had developed a mechanical advantage to bend a massive sword around your waist. It is worn totally concealed and in total comfort!

The BeltSword System is a "Containment System" formed by a "Linked Tunnel of High-Carbon Spring Steel" fastened to the inside of the black leather belt. The "Linked Tunnel" allows the RazorSword to be deployed "Lightening-Fast" from its hidden position.

Visit www.BeltSwords.com for more information

Scribe (who prefers a wakizashi)

I have always liked the looks of a Wakizashi too

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 13:56 (3824 days ago) @ Scribe

Mm

Back in the day

by Bob Hatfield @, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 16:49 (3824 days ago) @ stonewalrus

here in WV your concealed weapons permit used to say "Weapon or Weapons" indicating to me I could take a tomahawk to a gunfight or a butcher knife to a gunfight or a big pipe or a sword etc. Must have been causing problems as the permit now says
" pistol or revolver"

Bob

I think KY includes rifles and shotguns

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 18:40 (3823 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Nm

Handguns only in VA. Knives are limited in length.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 21:19 (3823 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Even pocket knives. I imagine, based on personal experience, that the law is enforced with some measure of discretion.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ours is LTCH

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 04:32 (3823 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

License To Carry Handgun. We can carry loaded rifles with no permit, for the most part. DNR has some specifics about loaded guns in motorized transport while hunting, but thats a different story. I was reading about AR and AK pistols just last night and some we're advocating them as a way to carry a short 'rifle' in your vehicle because some states don't allow transport of loaded long guns. Not a worry here in Indiana though!

Congrats!!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 18:21 (3823 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Here in Indiana we don't have a length restriction, but switchblades were illegal until last July. I always thought it was odd that I could carry my full auto AC556 with a suppressor open or concealed but I couldn't carry an automatic knife! I finally bought a Bomer Kalashnikov a month back. It's a decent little knife for $50

I have heard you can't mail order them

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 20:17 (3823 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Because of federal law. Do you know if that is true?

I have heard you can't mail order them

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 04:27 (3823 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I don't know for a fact, but I remember (before they were legal here) reading in a catalog that you had to send a copy of your carry permit or something on department letterhead if you were LEO. This may have just been a CYA for the company selling them, though.

i dont think so; certainly can order them directly yourself

by cable, Friday, April 11, 2014, 09:55 (3822 days ago) @ stonewalrus

try bladeplay.com

good prices and selection

Gladius

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 00:17 (3823 days ago) @ stonewalrus

[image]

Gladius...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 09:29 (3823 days ago) @ Sarge

[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread