My new Smith

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, April 07, 2014, 20:09 (3826 days ago)

You guys are a bunch of peer pressure bad influences!!

Didn't get him down anymore, but it sure is a sweet revolver. Can't wait to get to the range. With all the modern and class 3 toys I've been playing with, it'll be good to get back to my roots. Here's a pic of the 14-3 with my old K15.

[image]

[image]

I should take a picture with my 6" K22 also. Maybe if we get some sun tomorrow, I'll get some better pics.

Bore and chambers are good. Lock up is great. Single action trigger is about 2 3/4 pounds and as sharp as only a Smith can be. It's got something funky as sometimes the cylinder release does not want to move forward. Probably has some wear and may need a burr stoned down. I'll tear into it eventually when things slow down a bit here.

And I'd like some different grips; I never was a fan of Smith's target grips.

Thanks for twisting my arm on this one, guys...

My new Smith

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, April 07, 2014, 20:57 (3826 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Looking good !!! Enjoy it....

My new Smith

by sjcollins ⌂ @, SW Missouri, Monday, April 07, 2014, 22:43 (3825 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Awesome looking Smith! Enjoy shooting it, let us know how it goes!

Speakin' of grips...

by Catoosa, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 09:57 (3825 days ago) @ Slow Hand

What sort of grips are those on the Model 15? Those are WAY sharp! I have always liked standard magnas and a Tyler adapter on a K-frame, but those are a classy upgrade.

Speakin' of grips...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 11:27 (3825 days ago) @ Catoosa

Those were a pair of grips I bought years ago (my dad have me that M15 when I was 20 or so). They didn't fit my hand at all and ended up being custom made for a lefty!! I took to trimming them down to fit my hand better. That's the end result! One side has nice feathering to it and the other is kind of plain. They are kind of skinny but even with my big hands, they feel oh so good! Honestly, that pair of grips ism probably some of my best wood working I've ever done! It's a good thing I'm a plumber instead of a carpenter.

Speakin' of grips...

by Catoosa, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 21:23 (3824 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Yeah, I picked up the buy-funky-grips-and-cut-'em-down habit some years back myself. Herret Shooting Stars have some very nice grips in there - you just have to cut away all the ugly surplus wood and checkering to get to them.

That'll do.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 15:14 (3825 days ago) @ Slow Hand

And, you're welcome!

RSS Feed of thread