Dream guns: we all have em...for me one of them has been

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 06, 2014, 20:43 (3826 days ago)

S&W's .357 Mountain Gun built on the L frame 686+ format...One of the first posts I read on the old Campfire (or Sixgunner) board was a thread on that particular model...When the 686 was first introduced I was hoping for a standard barrel configuration to be released soon after...nadda..then Tim Sundles and JT mentioned the 686+ MG...I was hooked!
I looked on the boards...I looked on gunbroker...I had friends bird dogging barrels for a switch over...I am not paying 400. for a MG barrel! S&W re introduced a Mountain Gun on the L frame...but, it was a 6 shooter! That would not do...When Matt posted this gun a few weeks ago, I was in agony. I had just went on a .357 buying spree: deals all too good to pass up...I let it stay up for 24 hours, give or take...I hoped to bring it to CSA, but we were traveling light this trip. It will get shot this week.[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Fowler, Sunday, April 06, 2014, 21:28 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Very cool, we should all reach our dream goals every now and then...

by sjcollins ⌂ @, SW Missouri, Sunday, April 06, 2014, 23:12 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Very cool! Much as I love .44s, I have a special place in my heart for the .357...

by Jared, Sunday, April 06, 2014, 23:27 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That ranks right at the top of my book for a perfect .357.

The stuff that dreams are made of!

by brionic @, Monday, April 07, 2014, 10:12 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Nice catch. Enjoy!

Happy for ya Rob

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Monday, April 07, 2014, 12:01 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Mine was to convert one of my Rugers to a 5 shot .45, or a Freedom Arms 454, I have the Freedom Arms, nice when we can achieve our dreams.

Dave

I'd tote that one.

by MR, Monday, April 07, 2014, 14:13 (3826 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That is the 357 S&W that makes the most...

by rob @, Monday, April 07, 2014, 22:42 (3825 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Sense to me. I would even take it in a 6 shooter if it was just free of a blasted keyhole in the side. How do you like those Miculek stocks? I promised mine (on my 629) to Boge as soon as I find a suitable replacement. They are too thin for me and thus the gun points naturally to the left without conscious work. I want a set of standard old S&W Target stocks like used to come stock on them. Mine's a round butt though.

These are some junk box stocks that look like Asian copies

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 19:32 (3824 days ago) @ rob

of a Jordan Trooper. they arer vastly superior to the Miceluk stocks...they cover the rear of the grip frame...Miceluks are too thin and rounded for me...

--

These are some junk box stocks that look like Asian copies

by rob @, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 20:38 (3824 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I see that now. Just did a quick glance at the stocks I guess. I definitely need to find a suitable replacement set for my 629 but I have a three screw SBH to pay for first!

Try out Scott's Jordan Troopers...they work the best for me

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 08:42 (3824 days ago) @ rob

--

Dream guns: further refernce to Skeeter's Dream Gun article

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 19:33 (3824 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I had read that in Skelton on Handguns and when the 686" MG came out I though, Skeeter would have liked this!

--

RSS Feed of thread