Gunparts (Numrich) is leaving New York

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 12:17 (3832 days ago)

Just got an email from them announcing a sale. I am not sure where they are going.

I'd hate like he!! being on THAT moving crew.

by Otony, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 14:08 (3832 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Can you imagine packing all that stuff up?

Otony

Gunparts (Numrich) is leaving New York

by SIXGUNNER, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 14:30 (3832 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I HEAR THIS WAS JUST SOMEONE'S POOR IDEA OF A JOKE TO POST THIS.

Somebody's butt needs chewed if it is a joke

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 14:47 (3832 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Very official looking email and sale ads.

I hate April 1st. (Nm)

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 16:20 (3832 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Gunparts (Numrich) is leaving New York -They are going

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 16:23 (3832 days ago) @ stonewalrus

to April 2nd...

Yep, their Facebook page has a reply from them stating "happy April 1st"...

I thought it was pretty funny

by Jhenry, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 16:46 (3832 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

You kind of have to expect stuff like that on April 1st.

Glock should announce a carbine on April 1st next year, or maybe Merwin Hulbert will announce deliveries of the new revolvers.

The joke is they're staying.

by cas, Tuesday, April 01, 2014, 17:51 (3832 days ago) @ Paul

Though it would be hard to pack up all those barns and chicken coops full of parts.

Everyone is leaving NY, any company with any sense anyway.

On a local forum a friend announced yesterday that he's moving to Texas. We knew it was his long term retirement plan, but things changed and he'll be gone in little over a month.

Everyone on the forum is congratulating him. It says a lot about a state when people congratulate you for leaving.

I have a strong dislike

by Charles, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 09:56 (3831 days ago) @ stonewalrus

of practical jokes and/or hoaxes that make people look stupid, embarrasses them or cost them time or money. Getting a laugh at somebody's else's expense is just not funny.

I am betting that Gunparts does not see the humor in this either. I also think there might be a nice lawsuit in this if Gunparts can track the culprit down.

I got an email that looks like it was directly from Gunparts

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 10:52 (3831 days ago) @ Charles
edited by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 11:03

Came from mailings@gunpartscorp.com

I just responded back saying I didn't find it at all funny and if they actually are a part of Gunparts I hope they get fired. They ought to have at least sent a follow up if it did come from them.

Me too Tom.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 11:02 (3831 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Including links to their auctions and sales. Sure, somebody clever could have ginned the whole thing up but I think it was a joke from Numrich myself. I laughed.

I'm baffled why people are upset about this?

by cas, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 13:24 (3831 days ago) @ Hoot

Why do you care if they move from NY? (I don't see why anyone thought that was funny though either. Stupid, but not something to get upset over.)
Many gun related companies have fled NY in the wake of the Safe Act, just a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands that have fled over the last 40 years.

If they wanted to do something goofy on Facebook ok

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 14:57 (3831 days ago) @ cas

But to send it to a bunch of customers via email crosses the line for me. Some of us get sadistic glee when companies leave communist states for gun friendly states.

We are turning into a nation of the permanently offended

by Jhenry, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 16:33 (3831 days ago) @ Hoot

Life's to short to spend my last half of it as a grump. It was on April Fool's Day for crying out loud. Lighten up folks. It was a "ha ha". The whole thing made me chuckle and wonder when the light bulb would come on for folks.

I'm certainly offended -

by John K., Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 20:10 (3830 days ago) @ stonewalrus

after all the money I have spent with them over the last 35yrs, I DIDN'T GITNO EMAIL.

I got the e-mail, but didn't pay it much mind....

by Jimmy P., Florida Panhandle, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 20:33 (3830 days ago) @ stonewalrus

...I just thought, "good for them."

Then I see where it was just an April Fool's joke and I just thought, "O.K., they're not moving."

Nothing to get your shorts bunched up about one way or the other.

Course if it was an "inside job" I could see where Numrich management would want to have a heart to heart discussion with the culprit.

RSS Feed of thread