A pair of '58 Remington's for sale

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, March 31, 2014, 20:00 (3832 days ago)

A co-worker is trying to pay for his dads funeral and offered a pair of Italian .44 Remington copies to me. I didn't really have a use for them but wanted to help him out so I bought them.
I really don't have any use for them, so if anyone has any interest, I'd just like to get my money out of them. One is a blued steel model with no makers mark on it. It has a couple of proof marks and a serial number in the butt, but I can't see any manufacturers info. It's bore has a few spots in it and the finish is matted on some of the barrel and some spots on the frame from improper storage. It has a dovetailed front sight and a CCH hammer.

The other one is a Navy Arms stainless version. It's in great shape, obviously no finish issues due to the stainless. It's got a brass trigger guard.

Both cylinders are loaded and I'm soaking them with oil so I can unload them safely. I'd really like to sell them as a pair for the $250 I've got in them. I'll try and get pics of them ASAP if anyone is interested.

Tha is,
Doug K

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Monday, March 31, 2014, 20:14 (3832 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I read that as 250 for the pair?

If so and the cylinders are ok, Ill take them.

Louis

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, March 31, 2014, 20:48 (3832 days ago) @ RidinLou

Yep, $250 for the pair. I figured they were worth more than that, but I figured if I could help get my money back out of them, I'm happy.

Shoot me an email at Slow_Hand23 at hotmail dot com and we'll discuss the particulars.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 05:59 (3831 days ago) @ RidinLou

Louis,
I'm still working on getting the cylinders unloaded. My nipple wrench I had on hand wouldn't go deep enough to get a good purchase on the nipples I tried to file it down but no luck. I'll swing by a shop tonight to hopefully grab a proper wrench. If I can't find one ill have to order one and wait for it to arrive.

Working on getting on them unloaded...no caps?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 19:41 (3830 days ago) @ Slow Hand

;-) I'm sure there is a good reason for you not just pressing the trigger 6 times...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Wednesday, April 02, 2014, 20:02 (3830 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Missed you email addy in that msg. You may well be getting two from me then.

RSS Feed of thread