The traveling sixgun; 5" 629, I picked it up in Wasilla, AK

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:13 (3839 days ago)

circa 2007. I traded it to Andy Shelton , he traded it to Lee Jurras, and Lee traded it back to me. It shoots great, always has...I wonder now, why I traded it away then?
Yesterday we made a day hunt at a small game ranch in Northern AZ. I walked up on this pig, sleeping in the oak scrub brush. I got so close, without the pig I figured it for a lion kill...then it woke up & headed my way, a 240 grain JHP over a pile of 2400 did the trick. My son had shot a Hawaiian Black ram and a friend's 15 year old son shot a Dahl sheep later that afternoon after a couple hours of scrambling up and around a tangled jumble of rocks. A fun day.
[image][image][image]
[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

The traveling sixgun; 5" 629, I picked it up in Wasilla, AK

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:30 (3839 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yes, it is a good shooter, don't know why I traded it back to you????? Have put about 25 rds thru the CZ...Wanna trade back ???? ATB, Lee

Nope!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:34 (3839 days ago) @ Lee J.

;-) :-D I think I may Ask Rachel Wells to carve on this one a bit.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Nope!

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:50 (3839 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That otta work. Yea its a keeper, enjoyed shooting it. Don't need another 44, that's why I traded it back. For all-around use am using a Ruger 5.5" 45 Colt/45 ACP, stainless switch, as most know the 45 Colt will do anything the 44 Mag will do, in most cases better, or at least as good. :-P :-D :-D

Excellent Rob!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 07:37 (3838 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I feel pretty safe in saying, "That's one of the reasons why we muckle all the other stuff in life."

Bro' Dan shot a black Hawaiian ram with his bow last spring. He refers to it as his "Obama ram". (Can I say that here?)

Please Bring It.

by MR, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 09:10 (3838 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Not that pig the gun. It's a nice pig, but still just a pig. Besides by this weekend it would be a ripe pig. Now a 5 inch 629, that's beyond special.

There is something really nice about a 5" 629...

by Brian A, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 09:33 (3838 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Looks great Rob, glad you made it out of the shop to have some fun in the fresh air with your son.

I have a 5" 629 Classic that is a great shooter as well. Have even been known to use it for concealed carry in a horizontal shoulder rig during the cooler months, it also sees regular use as my heavy revolver for deer hunting and is my primary gun for the long range challenge at the TSMS.

Very nice! (nm)

by Glen, Thursday, March 27, 2014, 11:32 (3837 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

nm

RSS Feed of thread