"Inside the Army's Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room"

by brionic @, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 12:01 (3855 days ago)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/inside-the-armys-spectacular-hidden-treasure-room

I hadn't seen this before and thought it was pretty pretty pretty neat. My assumption is that the writer misses/omits many of the details on the "why" and "how", but hey, if I were in a warehouse like that, I'd be dazzled too.

There's another.

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 13:01 (3855 days ago) @ brionic

Camp Stanley north of San Antonio has a storage facility that has packaged and preserved examples (as in crates) of every modern small arm weapon system made since at least 1898.

Got referred and even called for a job their, but they weren't fast enough on the trigger and I wound up elsewhere.

"Inside the Army's Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room"

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 14:27 (3855 days ago) @ brionic

How many other treasures are locked away like that ? I'ed raher spend 175 Mil on that than give it to some foreign country.

I was born on that Army base...

by rob @, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 17:57 (3855 days ago) @ brionic

In the Fairfax Hospital iirc. Years ago it was an insane asylum. Maybe some of this explains why I'm a natural born gun nut:)

RSS Feed of thread