Well went from 35 Remington to 6.8 SPC...

by rob @, Saturday, February 18, 2012, 19:48 (4475 days ago)

Bought a new Marlington 336C 35 Remington this week. Finally got a chance to pull it out of the box and look it over well last night. The walnut was pretty nice but the finish was real dull, unlike the old Marlin Marshield finish. Also, the inletting at the top front of the come looked like a 4 year old kid did it...uneven, wavy and different depths. It just didnt meet my expectations. I took it back and my gun store graciously took it back. Walked out even trade for a like new 6.8 SPC stainless Ruger Ranch Rifle. I don't have an owners manual or sight adjusting tools but I can get the former from Ruger as well as anything else I need. I know nothing of this caliber as of yet, other than it looks like a 223 necked up to 270. Before I go to bed, though, I intend to educate myself. Been wanting a Ranch Rifle for years. Nice rugged little compact rifle. Should do well for Texas deer, pigs and predators, two legged or four:) I might look for an old Marlin or a Contender handgun in 35 Remington one of these days.
rob

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread