Attn: WSASSCDC (think I got all the initials)

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 12:40 (3874 days ago)

Without warning, all of my 'read' topics and responses went from purple (read) to blue (unread). When this has happened before, it was because I was no longer logged in. That is not the case this time. Also, I did not clear cookies and cache or stuff like that there. Further, even now, when I read something it remains blue.

There are other things such as the overall layout and where the smilie icons are now located but that is fairly minor.

Weird coincidence: my Yahoo account just reverted to "Basic Mail" in the last couple days and that's all wonky as well. I have found out that's related to Yahoo upgrading to Windows 8 while I did not....

Any ideas?

Attn: WSASSCDC (think I got all the initials)

by webservant @, Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:20 (3874 days ago) @ Hoot

The symptoms point to a browser issue. We've done no changes on this end. WHAT happened? That's a good question. My guess is that there's something back inside your browser configuration that got joggled by ???? Even when switching between my personal account and "business" account the read topics remain read and the unread remain unread - even though different accounts are used for viewing.

Odd indeed, but taken with your return to "classic" yahoo - it would seem to indicate something is messing with your browser settings. NSA, perhaps? :-D

NSA must be it!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 06:07 (3873 days ago) @ webservant

The Yahoo trouble is linked to the version of IE running. However, I cannot upgrade it on my laptop as it is company issued and IT has not fully approved IE8 (or any other app) for our use. I'll fire up the old coal-burner downstairs and see what comes up. Thanks!

You fixed it!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:01 (3873 days ago) @ webservant

Or, it magically fixed itself. Read/Unread reappeared just moments ago without any personal intervention.

Yahoo is still at the 'cave painting' level of sophistication but I know why that is.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.

Can you spell...

by webservant @, Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:07 (3873 days ago) @ Hoot

NSA??? :-D :-D :shocked:

RSS Feed of thread