Any BPS owners/shooters?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 04:41 (3879 days ago)

I see quite a few Browning pump shotguns on the auction sites and they always seem to sell for a reasonable price. I've never handled one in person, so I have zero idea of how they feel. I know so many, myself included, love the Ithaca 37, and the BPS seems similar as far as bottom feed, bottom eject. Brownings generally seem to be good stuff, I was just wondering if the BPS is an unknown gem or a turd for some reason.

Thanks for any experience,
Doug K

Any BPS owners/shooters?

by uncowboy, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 08:17 (3879 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Not a turd but very hard to disassemble and reassemble. I know that the 10 ga BPS is very long so I would ck out length of pull on what ever I bought. I have cut as much as 2 inches from these stocks. I have never had a bad report as far as shooting or hitting where they should. I always thought they were overpriced but I am only talking NIB . I am a rem 870 gut buy I would highly recommend you look at the Benelli NOVA. It is the last pump shotgun I bought and it plans on staying in the stable till the end. You have to accept plastic stocks not wood but they are light fast and you can clean them in a stream with no tools. Only around $400.00 New. J.Michael

They are well made, very robust version of the 37.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 08:49 (3879 days ago) @ Slow Hand

A friend has a 12 and the LWT "Special Field" version in 20 gauge. Over several seasons in the field, They proved to be utterly reliable and well made good looking shotguns, from my limited experiences with them them.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Doug I've got both....

by Bud, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 09:48 (3879 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

only because the BPS will handle a 3" mag cartridge and my 37's will not. If you're used to a 37 you'll not like the balance and pointability of the BPS. They are kinda clunky and feel like a stick of pulpwood. Only use the BPS on geese due to the steel/zinc/whatever shot you have to use on waterfowl, everything else I use the 37's to my great delight !!!

RSS Feed of thread