Had A Nice Vacation...

by Brian A, Monday, February 10, 2014, 09:38 (3882 days ago)

Got a chance to get out of the deep snow and sub-zero temps of northern Michigan for almost three weeks and just returned home last night. Spent a few days in Pigeon Forge, TN on the way south and was able to catch up with Pokynojoe for dinner one evening. It was the first time we have met in person and he was every bit as nice of a gentleman as you could hope to meet. If I get the chance to spend some more time down that way, look forward to catching up with him again.

I'm quite sure everyone down there was very happy to have me go home since the cold seemed to follow me, with it being 5 degrees in Pigeon Forge when I left and in Kissimmee temps were down to 40 with rain, not to mention the big ice storm in Atlanta behind me. Hopefully winter will be easier on everyone down south now that I'm back home, of course they are predicting -20 here tonight again.

High of 18 here in STL, and my Alaskan acclimation is

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, February 10, 2014, 20:09 (3882 days ago) @ Brian A

starting to return to me. With sunshine and no wind it feels just great!

We're scheduled to have some -45 tonight. I've been

by AkRay, Monday, February 10, 2014, 21:37 (3882 days ago) @ Andrew

enjoying the pleasant above average temps we've been having. The sunshine will raise the temperatures during the day tomorrow though. We're only a few weeks away from the end these frigid temperatures for the season!

So, Pokono Joe is a REAL person...all this time, I figured

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 10:37 (3881 days ago) @ Brian A
edited by Rob Leahy, Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 10:44

it was Hoot Gibson, pulling our leg...like Terry Murback and "Wes Dakota", Skeeter Skelton and Jug Johnson & Mike Barranti and "Fermin Garza." All Cleverly crafted alter egos...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Having met both Hoot and Pokynojoe...

by Brian A, Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 14:50 (3881 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I can assure you both are real, not the same person, and some of the finest people you could hope to meet.

Sure you've met them both, but at the sameTIME???

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 17:05 (3881 days ago) @ Brian A

Hoot/Pokynojoe is/are clever enough to pull something like that off;-)

--

My mother always wanted twins.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 06:25 (3880 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

So, in an effort not to disappoint her, I always dressed alike and never went anywhere without myself.

You are such a good son, I never made my Mom quite...

by Brian A, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 09:52 (3880 days ago) @ Hoot

as pleased, of course she wanted a daughter.

HA!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 13:04 (3880 days ago) @ Brian A

:-D

--

The first liar doesn't stand a chance.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 14:15 (3880 days ago) @ Brian A

Thanks Brian.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 06:26 (3880 days ago) @ Brian A

The pleasure has been all mine.

No need for thanks...

by Brian A, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 07:24 (3879 days ago) @ Hoot

But cash is always acceptable. Of course, the pleasure could not possibly have been all yours, thought it was all mine, guess it will have to be shared.

Joe I am

by pokynojoe, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 16:03 (3880 days ago) @ Brian A

I am Joe.

I am Joe,
in a box;
I am Joe,
in a pair of socks;
I am Joe,
riding in the car;
I am Joe,
drinking in a bar;
I am Joe,
in a suit;
I am Joe,
I am not Hoot!
I am Joe,
riding on bike;
I am Joe,
I am not Mike!
I am Joe,
riding on a ferry;
I am Joe,
I am not Terry!
I am Joe,
I'm not psychotic! (I know this because my mother had me tested)

Well done!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 06:07 (3879 days ago) @ pokynojoe

Nice....

by Brian A, Thursday, February 13, 2014, 07:21 (3879 days ago) @ pokynojoe

nm

RSS Feed of thread