Shot the Bulldog Target...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 11:26 (3884 days ago)

I made a. Trip to an indoor range on Thursday, mainly to let a buddy's son shoot some. Of my class 3 toys. I did take along my new to me M&P 9mm and the charter bulldog target .44. The M&P shot great, but a little low with 115's. It's got XS Expresss sights and I may have been holding a bit too low. The bulldog shot slightly to the left, but clustered five rounds of a 200gr RNFP over 7.5gr of Unique in a small little group at ten yards. Two overlapping pairs and one barely off by itself. In all a nice round group about an inch and a half. Once it warms up and I can get to a real range, I'm looking forward to really testing it out. The 200's had decent recoil, so I doubt I'll play too much with 240's. Might try and find some swc's or some jacketed HP' for trail use. I can see this one getting packed along during bird season and this spring while looking for mushrooms with the boy this spring. Need to make a comfy holster for it, but I've got several paying customers a head of myself!

Bulldog Target... quick a couple quick strips

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 11:42 (3884 days ago) @ Slow Hand

and you'll be set.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Jared, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 11:58 (3884 days ago) @ Slow Hand

5.0 gr or red dot or 6.2gr of Unique with a 250gr Keith shoots great out of my 3" bulldog, and hits to the sights.

Bulldog Target... quick a couple quick strips

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 13:03 (3884 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I was going to grab a few next time I placed an order somewhere that carries them.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 13:03 (3884 days ago) @ Jared

Good to know. I need to get ahold of Creeker and see what he has available.

What is the quality....

by Byron, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 15:55 (3884 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Of the newly manufactured Charter Arms revolvers?

I see they make a stainless 4" .44 Target.

Thanks in advance.

Byron

What is the quality....

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 18:34 (3884 days ago) @ Byron

I've seen them in stores but not handled any. Honestly, the quality of the old ones is nothing too impressive, but the two I have seem to shoot pretty danged well!!

SMLE stripper clips work really well too.

by mcassill, Saturday, February 08, 2014, 18:39 (3884 days ago) @ Slow Hand

That's what I still use with mine.

=Byron, I have a brand new 3" Bulldog "retro" style...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, February 09, 2014, 18:49 (3883 days ago) @ Byron

It is as good as Charter Arms best work...which falls short in the durability area when compared to S&W Ruger et all. They are still useful to me for the carry a liot shoot a little big bore gun.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I have a stainless Pug from about 10 years or so ago...

by mcassill, Sunday, February 09, 2014, 20:57 (3883 days ago) @ Byron

that I won from Gunblast. Piece is well put together for what it is; it's much more lightly constructed than its' S&W counterparts. Heavy loads would shoot it loose in a hurry.

RSS Feed of thread