Drones among us

by Catoosa, Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 22:19 (3888 days ago)

Some idiot has been flying a radio-controlled drone around one of the upscale Nashville suburbs, taking photos of the roofs of houses. For what purpose has not been revealed, but I'm guessing he is trying to sell roof replacements. Many people are upset, and calling for laws against such activities. Of course the people in this suburb would never, ever deal with the problem themselves, as would the folks where I live.

A full-choke 12 gauge loaded with goose loads would solve the drone problem quickly, and might convince the offender that he'd better go back to cold-calling.....

Drones among us

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 23:00 (3888 days ago) @ Catoosa

AMEN.....:-D

Drones among us

by Mark, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 05:39 (3887 days ago) @ Catoosa

http://wivb.com/2014/02/04/amherst-to-discuss-drone-operation/

A town in the county in which I live has started to talk about making laws against that. I am surprised this town started the conversation but I am glad they did.
Mark

You don't have a radio controlled attack helicopter??

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 05:48 (3887 days ago) @ Catoosa

Nm

a bill has been introduced in TN legislature on them

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 06:03 (3887 days ago) @ Mark

Nm

You don't have a radio controlled attack helicopter??

by Catoosa, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 07:43 (3887 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Thought has crossed my mind. After consideration of the matter, I decided that an RC scale model of an F-8 Crusader with four Ruger 1022 barrelled actions mounted in the cannon bays and solenoid-activated trigger cams would be more fun. Only thing that keeps me from building one is the scarcity of .22 ammo right now. Yeah, that's the only problem.....

Talk to your local RC plane guys

by anachronism, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 08:48 (3887 days ago) @ Catoosa

They should be able to tell you what the local RC plane frequencies are, and perhaps suggest a transmitter that could allow you to disrupt the drones signal from the ground. It would have to be a flyer with a mercenary bent to him, and can keep his mouth shut. A brief loss of control would get the operators attention. Perhaps you could even hijack it and bring it home to an awaiting baseball bat.

Seriously guys, did you ever in your lives think we'd be talking about hijacking drones that are spying on us? Ever?

These are certainly interesting times we live in

by TomC, High Ridge Missouri, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 09:04 (3887 days ago) @ anachronism

Don't Drone Me Bro!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 09:42 (3887 days ago) @ Catoosa

artwork done by an 82nd AB vet...
[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread