Aimpoint or ACOG?

by Flatlander, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 16:09 (3890 days ago)

I have used Eotechs on my AR's for a good while with good results, but would like to try something different. Either an Aimpoint with a magnifier, or an ACOG. I am assuming that the fiber optic tube on the ACOG is a non-issue as far as durability. Mostly I like the idea of battery life. While I have had good results and no complaints with the various Eotechs, what struck me about an Aimpoint was how naturally the eye looks through it and how no-brainer the "dot" is. What strikes me about the ACOG is that folks who use them swear by them (like everything else, but perhaps more so?).

Bad times, they are coming.

In the meantime, I'll continue to tinker with my No. 1's ... the opposite end of the spectrum, but still quite effective.

ACOG I am selling all my Eotecs and replacing them w/ ACOGS

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 16:16 (3890 days ago) @ Flatlander
edited by Hobie, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 16:48

Will not sell the Aimpoints as they are very nice and quick to use and battery life is superior to Eotecs. Leupold's CQB is nice but the dot is a little large on 3x for distance shots on smaller targets.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

ACOG I am selling all my Eotecs and replacing them w/ ACOGS

by Flatlander, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 17:09 (3890 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Acog at very close range?

Open sights on top or co witnessed BIS or press the muzzle

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 20:20 (3890 days ago) @ Flatlander

to their chest;-) It doesn't seem to slow me down looking through my ACOG at close range, but there are alternatives

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

close range shooting is a battle drill you want to practice

by mcassill, Monday, February 03, 2014, 16:35 (3889 days ago) @ Flatlander

with those. I carried a TA01NSN for a year and liked it a lot. With practice you can pick up targets up close pretty quick, but if I was clearing a lot of buildings the Aimpoint is quicker.

Absolutely ACOG. (Nm)

by Boge Quinn, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 16:37 (3890 days ago) @ Flatlander

I think it is critical to get a reticule that suits one's

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, February 02, 2014, 16:51 (3890 days ago) @ Flatlander

eyes. Many of the reticules used in these sights don't work for me. Tiny red chevrons are a no go. Too bright and they fuzz out and lack precision. Spending that much money I want something that will absolutely work for me. I suggest trying the various reticules to get one that suits you.

[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

if i could afford it

by Lloyd Smale, Tuesday, February 04, 2014, 05:18 (3888 days ago) @ Flatlander

all my ars would wear acogs. As it is some have aimpoints which are great sights and half the cost of an acog. But given a choise and id have acogs.

RSS Feed of thread