Couple of interesting rimfires came into the shop.....

by Otony, Friday, January 24, 2014, 11:56 (3899 days ago)

We had a customer trade in a Weatherby MKXXII, Japanese made, nice wood, good shape except the stock finish is foggy in spots. I remember these as being quite desirable back in the '70s. It sure handles nicely, but has a miserable rear sight. Front is fine, but the rear is a two leaf affair with notches about the size of a first year 1911, tiny! I might pick it up, but I've read that some can be finicky feeders.

Second was a new rifle, Tandoglio Appeal auto loading bullpup in .22WRM. interesting looking, if you like that sort of thing, it sort of resembles the now discontinued Walther G22. Adjustable length of pull, switchable from RH to LH, and fairly reasonable cost. Jury is still out on these, as we have no hands on experience, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun. WRM auto loaders are few and far between, and typically expensive, so if this works it looks lie EAA has a winner on their hands.

Almost forgot, we got in a Glock 42 .380 as well. Much smaller and slimmer than the Internet commandos led us to believe. If it were slightly scaled up to 9mm it would be quite interesting, but is a perfect .380 as it stands.

Otony

I noticed the same thing about the Glock 42

by cubrock, Friday, January 24, 2014, 12:12 (3899 days ago) @ Otony

Saw one at my local dealer, too. It was smaller and thinner than I was expecting. Dealer kept it for himself and is now carrying it. He loves it.

I'll wait till they are readily available before taking the plunge, but I just might get one.

Roughly the same size as an LCP?

by mcassill, Friday, January 24, 2014, 18:36 (3899 days ago) @ cubrock

No, slightly smaller in thickness....

by Otony, Friday, January 24, 2014, 20:00 (3899 days ago) @ mcassill

.....and overall size (height & length).

Not a tremendous difference, but enough.

Otony

Awesome. I couldn't see any reason...

by mcassill, Saturday, January 25, 2014, 11:29 (3898 days ago) @ Otony

why a new single-stack 380 would need to be much bigger than a LCP/Keltec, as the keyboard commandos were claiming.

That 22WMR sounds cool! (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Friday, January 24, 2014, 13:42 (3899 days ago) @ Otony

I like the Weatherby XXII I picked up a while back.

by AkRay, Friday, January 24, 2014, 20:09 (3899 days ago) @ Otony

The craftsmanship and the design is wonderful. The steel buttplate has a slight curvature to its center, and the wood of the buttstock is fitted to it. The style and appearance is classic and holds up even 50 years later. My gun is the magazine fed model but I haven't had any problems with function. It works. Like you, I think the sights are hard to see, but they're cool. They seem to be modeled after dangerous game flip up/down sights, just on a smaller scale. If the price is decent you should pick it up. Anyone can own a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60, but the Weatherby XXII is one that's set apart from the others.

I;d like to hear more re. MkXXII

by Mark Stevenson, Saturday, January 25, 2014, 06:10 (3898 days ago) @ Otony

Is this a tube magazine or "clip" magazine model?

If you don't buy it, I'd like to pursue the option.

Please E-mail me

bustersdad four eight 0 located yahoodahtcom.

Mark

I;d like to hear more re. MkXXII

by Otony, Saturday, January 25, 2014, 08:29 (3898 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

Mark, it is a "clip" fed version, not the tube feed. Overall condition is very good save for a few dents in the wood here and there. That, and the foggy finish which is just fore and aft of the grip. I've seen that sort of thing before, almost appears as though there was moisture beneath the finish when it was applied.

It isn't terrible, but it is there. When I get to the shop today I will see if it is still there, get a firm shipped price, and email some photos.

Otony

Thanks Tony...

by Mark Stevenson, Saturday, January 25, 2014, 13:01 (3898 days ago) @ Otony

Will await pics and such. Mark

Thanks Tony...

by Otony, Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 17:37 (3895 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

Mark, pictures coming from my boss.

Otony

Received....

by Mark Stevenson, Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:11 (3895 days ago) @ Otony

Is there a best time to call the shop? Please e-mail a phone number for the shop. Thanks

Done

by Otony, Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:41 (3895 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

I will be in late tomorrow, prolly round 10ish.

We are Pacific Standard Time, btw.

Otony

RSS Feed of thread