Is Elmer McEvoy still in business?

by Catoosa, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 21:17 (3905 days ago)

I scored an almost unused Elmer McEvoy (The Leather Arsenal) IWB holster at the Murfreesboro show today for $30. Made and marked for a S&W M66, which is the stainless version of the Model 19, for a 2 1/2 inch barrel. Got my short Model 19 on right now, sitting at the computer, and I can barely feel it. First IWB holster for that gun I have EVER worn that was comfortable. Had the gun for years, but seldom carried it because I never had a comfortable rig for it. I think that's about to change.

Tried to get on their website to find out more about this holster, but got info that the site is no longer in operation. Anybody know if The Leather Arsenal is out of business?

by SIXGUNNER, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 23:01 (3905 days ago) @ Catoosa

YES

by SIXGUNNER, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 09:45 (3904 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

HIS PHONE NUMBER IS 208-586-6212

IWB revolver holsters

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 07:08 (3904 days ago) @ Catoosa

Glad to hear of a good IWB revolver holster. I have an old Bianchi Pistol Pocket I carry my 3" model 65 in quite a bit.

He makes great gunleather.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 11:55 (3904 days ago) @ Catoosa

Glad to hear that he is still kicking.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Thanks, folks

by Catoosa, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 21:35 (3904 days ago) @ Catoosa

I'm glad to find this holster. The "Catoosa Special" Rob made me for this gun a while back is great for open carry around the place here, but it's a bit conspicuous for goin' to town unless I've got a big coat on. This'n hides pretty well.

by Aaron ⌂ @, Saint Louis MO, Monday, October 17, 2016, 13:15 (2902 days ago) @ Catoosa

Unfortunately Elmer is not in business anymore. I kept calling and eventually got a hold of whom I assume was a son. They aren't making holsters anymore. Good news is that holster will last you decades, I have one for my Glock 17/ 22 that's used daily.

RSS Feed of thread