I got the Clapp today.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 17:56 (3905 days ago)

[image]

I don't fully understand the rear night sights and the Hi-Viz front though. Slick action though, and I like the beveled cylinder. Ruger found something unique to do with a part of a revolver that really hadn't had anything new tried for a long time.

I got the Clapp today.

by anachronism, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:37 (3905 days ago) @ Andrew

The guns are interesting, but ol' Ken S Latrans, or Wiley Coyote, whatever his name is really pissed my off several years back and I won't buy something with his name on it. Childish? Perhaps, but my family is famous for having the longest memory west of the Vatican.

A thorough investigation of the gun and papers shows

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:43 (3905 days ago) @ anachronism

that there is no mention of Wiley Clapp anywhere. Even on Ruger's site, the current (blued) version makes no mention by name. My guess is that the name comes from TALO. Honestly, I've never read a single thing written by WC. I just like a nifty 3" .357.

The .44 specail is dead article REALLY PO'd a lot of folks

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, January 19, 2014, 14:12 (3904 days ago) @ anachronism

including me, for a while. I am glad we have more cool sixguns to choose from. ;-)
Mrs. Wiley Clapp came to our booth at the SHOT Show, I was absent , but my son stated that she was a classy lady and very pleasant to speak with.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Ken S Latrans (canis latrans=coyote) wrote into an

by anachronism, Monday, January 20, 2014, 17:39 (3903 days ago) @ anachronism

NRA competition publication (Insights IIRC), and chewed on them for an issue he felt was unfair in scoring handgun Silhouette (IIRC again), and got really nasty, name calling, etc. Their reply was that at least when they dealt with issues, they did it with their real names. I loved their reply! I never had much use for a man who would say such a thing while hiding behind a fake name. This of course, was before the internet. :-D

RSS Feed of thread