Got my XDs back from Springfield yesterday. Shot it today.

by cubrock, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 21:23 (3909 days ago)

I am very impressed with this little pistol. I sent it off for recall before I ever shot it. I was pleasantly surprised today by its accuracy and ease of shooting. Pointed naturally for me. Was shooting at a police range with a good friend who was off duty and we ran a few drills with it through their shooting house. Both of us easily got solid hits point-shooting with the gun on popper targets at 5-7 yards as we moved through the house. Double taps were very easy, as the muzzle flip was surprisingly negligible and follow up shots were very fast.

On paper, it shots just a bit low of point of aim at 6-7 yards and shot all five rounds into a ragged hole - and not a huge one, either.

I am not a huge fan of polymer pistols for aesthetic reasons, but this one is going to become a regular carry piece. Very, very pleased with it.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 12:41 (3908 days ago) @ cubrock

I was looking at one on display today and the trigger looks like a very short pull. I did not get my hands on it as I was short on time. What is the trigger pull like ? My EDC is an XD9C but the XDs could be a good alternative.

by cubrock, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 12:49 (3908 days ago) @ Cherokee

Trigger pull is longer than it looks with smooth creep. I found it easy to get used to and was shooting well with it, both aimed fire on paper and during the point-and-shoot drills. The recoil was very easy to control, even with my hotter defense loads.

Got mine back before Thanksgiving...

by matt/pa @, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:33 (3908 days ago) @ cubrock

I originally got it over the summer and it became my carry gun right away. Great gun. I really like mine...and it's still a 45. I though it a good trade to give up 2 rounds (from my 1911) to have such a small and handy carry 45.

Matt

I shoot mine as well and as comfortably as I do a full sized

by cas, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 15:28 (3908 days ago) @ matt/pa

...gun. And my hands aren't exactly small.

Looks like another three weeks before I see mine again. I hope the trigger pull isn't changes much. I don't mind the recall as much as I mind that I'm going to have to do all my action polishing over again.

RSS Feed of thread