Anyone have a line on an EMP?

by Otony, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 18:00 (3946 days ago)

I have been looking for one in 9mm, and our distributors are coming up short right now.

Otony

Anyone have a line on an EMP? Wish you'd said something

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 21:12 (3946 days ago) @ Otony

LAST week... I'll look tomorrow but I sold one last Monday. ;-)

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Anyone have a line on an EMP? Wish you'd said something

by Otony, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 21:30 (3946 days ago) @ Hobie

Well, it has taken me several weeks to decide I just can't do plastic anymore.

Got a 642 coming for lightweight BUG and running to the store. Then I want the EMP for primary.

I will probably sell my Glock. Already have my P32 listed on GB.

Otony

Y'know, I waited for that 9MM Shield, since it was so ..

by John Meeker @, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 21:52 (3946 days ago) @ Otony

highly recommended. Just not warming up to it. I'm OK w/bigger Glocks and have confidence in them. However, the Shield just does not come to hand, nor 'point shoot' as instantly as I like. I'll give it some hundreds of rounds, but it feels about like holding a deck of cards in my hand, for ergonomics. Back to the hammerless J's, I'm thinkin'. I will give it one thing -- the l'il sucker IS flat. 'Hip pockets' nice, or IWB. Well...it's always something...

Y'know, I waited for that 9MM Shield, since it was so ..

by Otony, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 22:11 (3946 days ago) @ John Meeker

I have coon-fingered the Shield, the XDS, and the Walther PPS every half hour at the shop for the last 2or 3 weeks and have come to an unavoidable conclusion. All of theses so called lightweight plastic Nines are heavy!

We have a precision scale in the shop for weighing gold and silver, and I have been playing a game of weighing every pistol that is supposed to be "light" and compact. Truth be told, all of the current favorites on the market are within two or three ounces of a Glock 19! If I am going to carry that much weight, then I will carry the few extra ounces and get a larger pistol that holds more and is easier to shoot. Or, as I have finally decided, I will carry a J-frame all the time, and sub in an EMP for when I want a bit more firepower. I am willing to go the few ounces even more to get away from the plastic.

Not sure why those little plastic jobs weigh so much, all of them should weigh in like an LC9 but for some reason do not.

Otony

Say no to plastic ..

by Catoosa, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 22:13 (3946 days ago) @ John Meeker

I'm still walking around with my Star BMs a lot of the time. Have not found anything easier or more comfortable to carry, especially IWB. Sure wish they were still made....

Say no to plastic ..

by Otony, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 22:41 (3946 days ago) @ Catoosa

The Star BMW is the reason I want buy an EMP. Truth be told, if someone were to offer a new version of the Star, to include an ambi safety and aluminum frame, I would be all over it.

Otony

I concluded the same thing early in my CHL career...

by rob @, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 23:35 (3946 days ago) @ Otony

I've just always preferred shootability over concealability and comfort. Truth be told, it's so stinking easy to pack a full size 1911 or even a 4" N frame Smith I can't understand the quest for the smallest and lightest. I'll concede hiding the grip of a real gun requires a loose untucked shirt but the answer to that is a loose untucked shirt and ignoring folks who...well, I'll just bite my tongue here:) I've concluded if I want a small light gun it's hard to argue with a J-frame .38 or Ruger LCR but I'm not a fan of plastic guns. They work but there is no bonding with one like a good sixgun or 1911.

LOOKS LIKE A BRAND NEW SHIELD TO SELL.....

by John Meeker @, Monday, December 09, 2013, 10:52 (3945 days ago) @ rob

SHOT IT, AND IT'S OK. FOR MINIMUM CONCEALMENT, IT'S HARD TO BEAT. GUESS I LIKE MY SEMI-AUTOS SERVICE-SIZED, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD -- WHICH TO MY SURPRISE SEEMS TO HAVE A 642 ON IT. DA NADA...

LOOKS LIKE A BRAND NEW SHIELD TO SELL.....

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, December 09, 2013, 16:47 (3945 days ago) @ John Meeker

I kinda made the same circle but I ran on the cheaper end. I had a 642 years ago. Picked up a Colt Cobra and sold the 642. Gave the Cobra to my dad an bought a 442. Wanted to try a small nine so I got a Kel-Tec P-11. Liked it but wanted thinner so I got a PF9. Hated shooting it so I went back to the Smith. I liked the P-11, but it wasn't too much smaller than a Glock 19. Fits in the same sized box as a J frame but does not carry anywhere near the same!

Following up... no, we do not have an EMP. Sorry.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, December 09, 2013, 18:11 (3945 days ago) @ Otony

We do have a SIG 938...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Following up... no, we do not have an EMP. Sorry.

by Otony, Monday, December 09, 2013, 18:44 (3945 days ago) @ Hobie

We have the Sig 938 as well,doesn't seem to agree with me. Will try Davidsons again tomorrow.

Thank you for looking, however!

Otony

TO SELL.....sounds kinda familiar...

by John Meeker @, Monday, December 09, 2013, 19:48 (3945 days ago) @ Slow Hand

funny part is, I ;liked my nephews bigger S&W semi's just fine... that's why I took his recommendation for the Shield. Had a divvel of a hunt finding a Nine, too. Plenty of .40's. The recoil in the gun is negligible, really. It could prolly be runn like pneumatic tack driver. After this little excursion, concluded that I have enough tac-y semis. Have no-lock 642 lined up, and spare Barami grip. Really,rather few practical niches left to fill. Must mean I NEED a toy!

Anytime!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, December 09, 2013, 21:18 (3945 days ago) @ Otony

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sold & 642 to hand....was quick.

by John Meeker @, Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 13:35 (3944 days ago) @ John Meeker

nt

RSS Feed of thread