It's not often that we have something new come in 'round

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, December 01, 2013, 21:49 (3953 days ago)

here, but INDUMIL is working on a nationally produced 9mm. Makes me wonder if they'll make it comparatively affordable, or if they'll price it way out of reach like the 9mm's they import. If you understand spanish, you can give the video a looksee - or even if you're just curious as to what the prototypes look like.

YouTube video of the INDUMIL Cordova 9mm

Looks CZ-ish. Tanfoglio-y. NM

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, December 02, 2013, 07:29 (3953 days ago) @ Paul

CZ by way of IWI with ??? thrown in for good measure. nm

by Paul ⌂, Monday, December 02, 2013, 11:04 (3953 days ago) @ Andrew

It's not often that we have something new come in 'round

by Charles, Monday, December 02, 2013, 10:34 (3953 days ago) @ Paul

Interesting video about the development in that area.

I also clicked on a sidebar video about how the Third World War (Tercera Guerra Mundial) would start with regional conflict in South America and how it all played over a period of years. It is all fantasy of course, but it does remind us that there is an entire world south of the US and it is neither unified nor peaceful with all kinds of possibilities of how things can play out that will have an effect on the US.

It has been my experience that the average American is oblivious to the reality of Latin America and just shoves it off into a corner as irrelevant to us, except as to the extent is impacts illegal immigration.

No, tortillas and burritos are not staples down here...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, December 02, 2013, 11:09 (3953 days ago) @ Charles

and our police and military do not use Mexican uniforms. :-D

But those are the type of things that folks assume about life down here. Last night there was a special on TV (first time I'd looked at the tube in ??? long)about hunting Escobar down. Learned things about the "war on drugs" that I did not know, of course much of that took place before I was paying much attention to Colombia myself. The past 20 years have seen a LOT of changes here, to say the least. The whole marxist revolution continues - although up north folks think it's dead and over.

Charles, you nailed it. There is a WHOLE 'nuther world -

by John Meeker @, Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 08:50 (3952 days ago) @ Charles

out there, filled with increasingly sophisticated means and awareness. Of which said planetary population, is rapidly gaining parity with the old Colonial Euro-culture powers. In fact, the historical European expansion and dominance - whether in science or ambition or education is pretty much sliding over the top of it's apogee, regarding the generations coming along behind us. Not tomorrow, not real soon, but eventually history will take the turns it has always taken.

We are not yet a modern version of Abyssinian bas-reliefs hung on some conquerors wall, but there is always that vacuum waiting to be filled by newly ascendant former subjects, who eagerly take title to the physical remains of cultures that just collapse from within.

"We" may not be there yet, but our nation has spent it's post-war dominance on poor choices: tactically, culturally, and now -- more and more -- just frivolously. Given the increasing and sophisticated dominance of the narrow interests in communications and entertainment, and their alliance with 'progressive' government elements, I tend to think that a different and unforeseen type of oppressive rule is now gaining momentum, to willing demographic for whom toys and comfort are all.

Just my grumpy late AM opinion, and certainly not a patented truth upon reality.

the Morlocks will summon the Eloi's by text...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 12:39 (3951 days ago) @ John Meeker

:-|

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

the Morlocks will summon the Eloi's by text...

by John Meeker @, Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 00:44 (3951 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

After wandering the cross currents of FB, I'm pretty sure you hit that nail on the head, already.

Sooooooooooooo true!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, December 05, 2013, 08:14 (3950 days ago) @ John Meeker

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread