pic of yesterdays 19-4

by Scott Williams, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:37 (3961 days ago)

[image]
found this at local toy store. didn't have a 357 snub and seldom see these anymore so took it home

pic of yesterdays 19-4

by Murphy @, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:57 (3961 days ago) @ Scott Williams

Great looking snub.

And yes, pre-lock snub S&W's are getting harder to find. The prices have gone much higher than I ever expected to see in my lifetime. I had a beauty in the same condition as your's. But a 3" Model 66-4 came along I had to have it, those things have gotten insane on price.

Murphy

Absolutely beautiful

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:16 (3961 days ago) @ Scott Williams

Nm

I'm not usually a fan of Pachys

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:33 (3961 days ago) @ Scott Williams

But that 19 looks great with them. Very bidnesslike.

pic of yesterdays 19-4

by Fowler, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:36 (3960 days ago) @ Scott Williams

I have always thought that I wanted one of those. Seems the going rate is $600-$800 these days for a good one but then what would a brand new Smith cost you today, and they are not as well made. A 2 1/2" to 4" model 19 is just right.

One of these days ill have one.

Had wanted one for years...

by Brian A, Monday, November 25, 2013, 07:08 (3960 days ago) @ Scott Williams

After selling my old M-15, 2" to my brother back in the early 80s. Finally found one at an affordable price last spring and snagged it. I love it! It will outshoot me and have already done head shots on squirrels with it using 38 spl reloads. Mine was carried by a detective in a large metro area department and is stamped with the department initials. Hopefully you will enjoy owning yours at least as much as I enjoy mine.

TOTALLY DISAGREE!!

by SIXGUNNER, Monday, November 25, 2013, 09:15 (3960 days ago) @ Fowler

TODAY'S GUNS ARE BETTER MADE, TIGHTER TOLERANCES, STRONGER MATERIALS, AND RELATIVELY CHEAPER. WHAT THEY LACK IS THAT CLASSIC TOUCH THAT STIRS MIND, SOUL, AND SPIRIT.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

by rob @, Monday, November 25, 2013, 09:30 (3960 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Every modern S&W I've shot has been better all around, especially in the accuracy department than the classic variety. Take away the MIM parts and that egregious key-hole and I'd prefer them by far. But, both MIM (which absolutely positively is NOT even close to as durable as bar stock parts, regardless of the lies and cries to the contrary) and the key lock are both deal breakers for me. Until then, there is nothing S&W currently makes that fills a need a GP100 or Redhawk, SBH or my 4" 629-4, won't handle.

Well stated, brother!...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, November 25, 2013, 14:07 (3959 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

...can't say I like the lock, but it's here to stay, and I won't let it get between me and a FINE sixgun. I have been extremely pleased with every new Smith I have tried.

RSS Feed of thread