Is it too early for a Christmas wish list?

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Friday, November 22, 2013, 19:11 (3962 days ago)

Here is mine:

I wish Smith and Wesson would go back to forged triggers and hammers (with the firing pin on the hammer), no internal lock and should I dare say what we used to call their gun of the month.

Art

Ooh, ooh, I'll play!

by Otony, Friday, November 22, 2013, 20:10 (3962 days ago) @ Art

Scaled down Browning BAR that takes AR magazines.

Ruger Mini-14 that takes AR magazines.

Pump action .30-30 based on the .410 frame Remington 870, or the .410 frame Browning BPS, or the Winchester 42 (be still my heart).

Ruger single action revolvers in .480 (I think this is the fifth year or so for that wish). Since I am asking for the unlikely, how about the same in .500JRH!

Ruger (or?) M1 carbines with a rotary magazine in .357 Magnum. The same in 10mm with single stack mags would be very nice.

That Ruger SR45? Sorry, too big for a .45 but it might make a nice 10mm. Or how about an XD IN 10mm? Failing that, build some 10mm 1911s that have 6" barrels and slides. The design simply needs a bit more weight in order not to batter itself into submission.

More bolt actions chambered in .257 Roberts. Left handed versions wouldn't hurt.

Return of the left handed Winchester Model 70.

Remember the almost dead .338 Marlin cartridge? Did you know it has a base diameter just over .500"? Blow that neck out and offer a .50 Marlin lever gun!

A single stack Glock 19.

The return of USFA single action revolvers.

Remember the Star BM? Bring it back in both steel and aluminum. Colt should make it, but I will settle for any reputable company. Make sure it has an ambidextrous safety.

New Colt Woodsman pistols would be nice, any series.

The light weight Husqvarna bolt actions from the '50s and '60s should return in both right and left hand.

Rolling block rifles as a production offering. Make sure there is a lighter weight version for small and medium calibers.

Wherever the tooling is for the Mauser Lugers produced in the last quarter of the 20th century, it should be unearthed and set up for production again. I never got my mine....yet.

7.5" flattop Rugers in .357 Magnum and .44Special. What would be really cool is if these had a flattop set up like a single action Colt flattop.

I could go on, but you get the idea, I am a greedy dreamer.

Otony

A Fox BS-E with 24" barrels & choke tubes...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, November 22, 2013, 23:44 (3962 days ago) @ Art

A BLUE 4 or 5" Redhawk in 45 Colt and the '94 Winchester, sans the damn safety button and rebounding hammers. I'll have mine in 375, if you don't mind ;)

Oh, my, yes . . . yes, indeed!!!!!

by Kentucky, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 09:40 (3962 days ago) @ Sarge

Another vote (or two, or three) for that 4" blue .45 Colt Redhawk. I've been wishing for that one for years. Sigh.

:-D :-D :-D

Amen on the 45 Redhawk!

by stonewalrus, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 10:33 (3961 days ago) @ Sarge

Much better carrying gun and I'd much rather have a 45 than 44 mag.

Yes indeed! My Christmas wish list...

by rob @, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:32 (3960 days ago) @ Sarge

For Winchester to start making 94's again-top eject please and without that disgusting crater safety on the side and S&W to repent of the the key hole in the side of their once classic revolvers. I'd say something about the Marlin-Remington transfer but it's pointless. Truth is, we are more likely to see the gun buying crowd going gaga over S&W bringing about a remote key fob for their guns that chirps twice when armed and once when disarmed. I always thought growing old would be cool but I'm only 46 and already feel like the younger generation is screwing it all up.

by Bob Hatfield @, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 04:38 (3962 days ago) @ Art

1. Single Six in 38 Special
2. Remodeled Ruger 96 in 30-30 and 35 Remington with a rotary mag of course and 6 lbs
3. An optical company make, advertise and market eyeglasses for shooters with astigmatism.

by Mark, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:20 (3962 days ago) @ Art

Art,
Good list. It makes me wonder why S&W moved the firing pin to the frame. I knwo why we have locks and MIM parts but I don't think I have heard the reason for a frame mounted firing pin.
1. S&W to loose all locks.
2. S&W 696 in more than one barrel length and without a lock (are there actually 3 things there?).
3. My government to stop trying to take away my guns that have hurt NOBODY! I want an AR again.

I don't see any of those things happening so it is wishful thinking for another year.
Mark

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 09:43 (3962 days ago) @ Mark

I was told by someone who is very knowledgable of S&W's that you do not want to break one of the present firing pins on S&W's. This can happen while dry firing and will cause a trip back to S&W for repair. If it happened to the old style it would be an easy repair. Besides I hate that ping sound the MIM parts make when dry firing.

Art

Supposedly, the frame mounted firing pin...

by rob @, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:49 (3960 days ago) @ Mark

Is to stop primer flow in high pressure loads.

Supposedly, the frame mounted firing pin...

by Mark, Monday, November 25, 2013, 06:04 (3960 days ago) @ rob

Interesting...I didn't know that was an issue. Thanks for the info.
Mark

I'm not sure how much of an issue it is...

by rob @, Monday, November 25, 2013, 07:08 (3960 days ago) @ Mark

Brian Pearce mentioned it in an article in Handloader some time ago but I take much of what he says with a grain of salt:) Seems to me they lowered SAAMI specs on .357 and .44 Magnum before going to frame mounted firing pins and I've never had any issues with primer flow.

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:53 (3962 days ago) @ Art

A ruger blackhawk Bisey 5 shot .480 Ruger A pill that would make me 21 again, and a big week long sixshooter get together with every body here on this board, so we could all meet up and have a campfire and chew the fat. and of corse shoot.

by bpjon, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:54 (3962 days ago) @ Art

I would like the time and opportunities to thoroughly enjoy the family, friends and firearms I have already been blessed with.

Throw in a lifetime supply of ammo - that would be great!

by stonewalrus, Saturday, November 23, 2013, 08:51 (3962 days ago) @ bpjon

Don't have all I would like but I am pretty satisfied with what I've got.

375 Holland & Holland..

by pokynojoe, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 08:12 (3961 days ago) @ Art

left hand Mauser action, safari grade, with express sights. Three months in Africa.

Oh... and... peace on earth good will towards men.

Agreed....

by rob @, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:34 (3960 days ago) @ Art

Funny thing is I just read Sarge's post and responded with pretty much the same idea and figured I better read the OP:)

And can we have the B-92 back please....

by rob @, Sunday, November 24, 2013, 19:39 (3960 days ago) @ Art

With no safeties that JMB didn't put on it. Always wanted one in .44 Mag.

RSS Feed of thread