Just finished reading Unintended Consequences

by Gary G, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 19:37 (3964 days ago)

A board Member sent it to me in digital form. (Thanks)
Just wondered if the timelines and details of the 1930,s gun laws were correct. And how true events up to President Bush (no 1) re election were.

Some of these early events just blew me away,,,Like the WW- 1 veterans beatings.
Any in site some of you may know would be appreciated.

Look forward to seeing some of your recollections.

John Ross researched the history quite intensively

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 19:45 (3964 days ago) @ Gary G

Even with my limited dealings with him (one gun sale and a few phone calls), he seemed to be a 'straight shooter'.

The Bonus Army?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 20:43 (3964 days ago) @ Gary G

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army Some believe we are seeing this again with veterans of the GWOT. 30% unemployment, denial of health care, poor health care for wounds received, attempting to denigrate them in popular media and other things.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

John Ross researched the history quite intensively

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 21:12 (3964 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

I have known John, his Mother and an Uncle since about 1975 and he was about 15 y.o. a real straight shooter. His whole family is top drawer.
Johns a pretty husky young lad and when he went to college asked him if he was going to play football. Football he said, Hell No. Glee club. I asked him why Glee Club he said because they tour Europe for 6 weeks. Will get a chance to go to Wesley Richards, Holland & Holland, plus Germany and He was a Legacy at Amherst. He was almost kicked out for building a 50 BMG action in the machine shop. But his family having endowed a chair there they let him graduate. Family money come from the 7 Up
fortune. But very well grounded young man. A hard worker too. ;-)

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 11:03 (3964 days ago) @ Gary G

So, where can one get a digital copy of the book? I've been searching online but so far come up blank.

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:40 (3963 days ago) @ Paul

Google John, lives suburban St. Louis, should have his web-site where he teaches CCW classes. He should be able to tell you how to get it.

by Gary G, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:48 (3963 days ago) @ Paul

Paul will send it to you tonight...

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:49 (3963 days ago) @ Gary G

Thank you, sir. A forum benefactor already got it to my inbox...

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 14:50 (3963 days ago) @ Lee J.

Thank you, sir. Managed to come up with a copy. Reading material south of the Canal and north of the Equator is not easy to come by in other than electronic format.

by Gary G, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 18:51 (3963 days ago) @ Paul

Very Good Sir

John Ross,,F A Q from his website.

by Gary G, Thursday, November 21, 2013, 21:00 (3963 days ago) @ Gary G

Frequently Asked Questions section was too long to post here so I have copied and pasted the Link.

http://www.john-ross.net/faq.php

RSS Feed of thread