FS Star PD 45.

by JLF @, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 13:46 (3982 days ago)

Here's your chance to own the secret weapon of concealed carry, and become a member of an exclusive club who are just smarter folks.:-D This is an original Star PD in .45acp in 'bout newish condition, nothing really to point out or fuss about.(Some peckerwood did have a trigger shoe on it at one time and left the telltale marks) It has some fancy rosewood-I-think smooth grips that have been added. One factory mag. It's $475 shipped. First e-mail wins, or I'll have to keep it as a spare, and I would really hate that.:-D

Honest Arch
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

FS Star PD 45.

by uncowboy, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 14:38 (3982 days ago) @ JLF

Still this gun eludes me. Can't swing it now. Always wanted one though. Friend sold one out from me once. Smooth Rosewoods are most likely because it was used with an inside the pants holster and the Checkered factory give you a rash. Oh! and I was the nit whit installing trigger shoes on them in the 80's, It did make them feel better. Nice Gun TRADES? uncowboy@comcast.net

We have 3 in the family...so far!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 14:42 (3982 days ago) @ uncowboy

Glad JT got it.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

FS Star PD 45.

by SIXGUNNER @, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 14:38 (3982 days ago) @ JLF

I'LL TAKE IT

Done.

by JLF @, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 18:34 (3981 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Send me an e-mail at texjack45@att.net and we'll do biddness.

JLF

Wouldn't that be your spare for the spare for the spare.

by MR, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 15:30 (3982 days ago) @ JLF

Or did I lose count?

Love those little boomers

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 18:35 (3981 days ago) @ JLF

I've had a couple of them, always end up selling them after a bad case of hammer bite. My hands are thick in the web between the thumb and first finger and even a 1911 with the old Commander style grip safety bites the heck out of my hand. I've got so much scar tissue there that it ought to be toughened up by now. :-(

I have matching ri&m left scars from that...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 19:46 (3981 days ago) @ Warhawk

and forgetting the cross over thumb is forbotten with autos...:-| ;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

A few years ago at the spring Tulsa show...

by Boge Quinn, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 20:32 (3981 days ago) @ JLF

...I was looking for a Lightweight Commander as a CCW piece. Jeff advised me to try to find a PD, said he liked them better than the LW Colt, and for way less money. He said if he was a right-hander, he'd pick up a PD and never look back. I found a nice one at that very show for cheap, and never looked back! Jeff has never steered me wrong.

Of course, I ended up with a new LW Commander too, and it's for sale.

I have walked past a nickle PD every show around here

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 20:49 (3981 days ago) @ JLF

for the last 3 months. The guy is at every show, and I glance it over every time. I think he has it marked $395. I may have to look closer next show.

FS Star PD 45.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 22:02 (3981 days ago) @ JLF

I've had one for over 30 years and can say it is a great gun for shooting and CCW use. I suspect JT knows it a great gun....

RSS Feed of thread