Need a good boot scraper for the garden.

by Otony, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 10:04 (3982 days ago)

Any suggestions? Would like something in wrought or cast iron. Looked at a lot of stuff online, need to maybe find a good blacksmith.

Otony

I have a 2x3' steel grate built into the back deck. Scrape

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 10:24 (3982 days ago) @ Otony

your boots off like on a mat and it falls through to the ground. Also a bruch mounted to the deck that allows one to scrape the mud off the side and bottoms of the boots at the same time. Ace hardware sells them.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I found the number of a blacksmith....

by Otony, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 11:08 (3982 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by Otony, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 18:34

......who made quite a few things for me back in my living history days.

Ordered a wrought iron scraper that consists of a 1/2" x 4" bar, held upright by two 1/2" square stock rods. Each of the rods rises above the bar and will be worked into ram heads with curling horns. $36 shipped!

The wife wanted fancy for the yard, so this will be for her. But when she found out what Mike can do, she decided to order a fancy spit for our fire pit. It will have ram heads as well. Then she will figure out what else to have made.

Should have gone to the hardware store.....

Otony

for finishing up....

by Catoosa, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 22:14 (3981 days ago) @ Otony

especially if you're gonna go into the house with yer boots on, a good stiff toilet brush is perfect for scrubbing lug soles clean. Fuller makes a good one - the cheap ones from Wallyworld are too flimsy.

for finishing up....

by Otony, Monday, November 04, 2013, 05:50 (3981 days ago) @ Catoosa

Thank you, I will have something along those lines around as well.

Otony

RSS Feed of thread