Can you skin a deer this Fast? Watch this.

by Gary G, Monday, October 28, 2013, 21:51 (3987 days ago)

Very impressive

by cubrock, Monday, October 28, 2013, 22:09 (3987 days ago) @ Gary G

I've seen some fast skinners, but no one even close to this guy!

Production type efficiency...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 00:11 (3987 days ago) @ Gary G

Proly lots a practice in the back of a trailer...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I do probably 50 deer a year and

by Lloyd Smale, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 03:54 (3987 days ago) @ Gary G

he makes me look like im swimming in grease! Id like to know what kind of knife hes using!

A sharp one!

by Otony, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 06:20 (3987 days ago) @ Lloyd Smale

And I am willing to bet he sharpens it himself!

Otony

That`s Fast!!!!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 06:46 (3987 days ago) @ Gary G

:-D This guy has done this a few times!

That is impressive...

by Brian A, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 08:06 (3987 days ago) @ Gary G

I had a friend with a butcher shop who was very quick at skinning as well. He used compressed air to loosen the hide first though because he usually did not have fresh, warm deer to dress out. I usually let mine hang with the hide on for up to two weeks before skinning and butchering, makes for very good meat, but the hide does not come off easily by then.

Try that after rigormortis and it has hung for a week LOL nt

by Bob Hatfield @, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 15:44 (3986 days ago) @ Gary G

n

Deer are like wimmin.

by John K., Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 17:11 (3986 days ago) @ Gary G

Some will pop right out of their clothes and others are damn near glued in. :-(

No I can't

by Jhenry, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 17:22 (3986 days ago) @ Gary G

We used to be pretty fast though when I lived in PA. We would end up with multiple whitetails on the gamblin pole. We would skin them with knife, rope, a tennis ball, and the hitch on Kenny's 72 Bronco with the 302 in it. I loved that old Bronco, wish I had one now. They aren't as dirt cheap as they used to be, that's for sure.

If I tried to skin/gut a deer that fast.....

by Glen, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 19:36 (3986 days ago) @ Gary G

....there would be at least 3 fingers lying on the floor by the end of that video!

I almost removed a finger

by bob, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 00:12 (3986 days ago) @ Glen

sharpening my knife today!

I almost removed a finger -- tip? I skinned one once...

by John Meeker @, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 09:40 (3985 days ago) @ bob

when vigorously hand-stoning a bigger blade that had been 'over-used'. Neat slice that took callus and down to the pink layer, with some capillary oozing. A 'freezing' instant there for a splint moment, until I was that it wasn't actually a good sized finger-print filet.

The worst was a Buck-sized lock-back that folded back onto the little finger. Definitely kept me occupied, applying pressure and figuring out how avoid an emergency room visit. Omce it has clotted bit I cleaned it fast and applied crazy glue, a simple big patch and wrapped the hell out of it. Worked and little or no scar,

I keep a 'kit' in the top compartment of my tool-chest, as careful as can be, sometimes isn't completely John-proof. Hard cross grain-y oak and over-pressuring a carving V-tool is pretty good for owies, too.

Mostly baby-stuff compared to real injuries most folks have had, but it IS annoying when you get stains on the wood repair.

RSS Feed of thread