Ruger Security Six just came into the shop..

by Otony, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:52 (3992 days ago)

...adjustable sights (of course), 6" barrel with warning, round recoil shield, original grips, Bianchi #5BHL holster which is solid but shows honest wear.

The Ruger is dirty, but very clean underneath. Has a very small scuff on the right side below the hammer that will easily "scotchbrite" out. A good example, and the boss is selling it for $450 shipped.

Let me know if you want pics. It is at 1-2-3 Pawn here in town.

Otony

Stainless, doh!

by Otony, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:52 (3992 days ago) @ Otony

;-)

by Catoosa, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 21:55 (3991 days ago) @ Otony

Got one, in blue - same config with same holster. Found at a gun show a few years back. So glad to find it I didn't even haggle with the guy. You don't see many Security Sixes for sale. I guess those who have them hang on to them. I know I'm hanging on to mine!

A 6" Security Six is one of the best utility firearms there is, IMHO. Easy to carry, accurate, and stout as an anvil.

I'm hanging on to mine, too!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 22:15 (3991 days ago) @ Otony

[image]
[image]
[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Not letting go of mine either

by stonewalrus, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 23:02 (3991 days ago) @ Otony

First centerfire handgun I ever bought. Beat a GP100 in my book.

My first, too. I let one go, won't make the same mistake

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, October 25, 2013, 07:50 (3991 days ago) @ stonewalrus

again!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

My son tried to trade me his GP100 for mine

by stonewalrus, Friday, October 25, 2013, 08:12 (3991 days ago) @ Hobie

I told him no way! If I had to give up all my guns but one, I would keep the Security Six.

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, October 25, 2013, 14:49 (3991 days ago) @ Otony

Have two: a 6 inch stainless and a 4 inch blue and I wouldn't give either of them up. They really are great guns. I've had the stainless one 30 years and it's accurate enough that I've used it as a bullseye target pistol. Not bad, eh?

AMEN! 2 GP-100s wouldn't be a fair trade for a

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, October 25, 2013, 17:57 (3990 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Security Six!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I personally prefer the GP100 BUT...

by rob @, Friday, October 25, 2013, 20:35 (3990 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I really wish the GP's had a real grip frame and factory wood stocks like the Security Six. Nobody that I've found makes a good pair of wood stocks for the GP's. Hogue Monogrips are all I've found and I'm not fond of those at all. I may just have to learn to make them myself.

I also prefer the GP100.....

by Otony, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:03 (3990 days ago) @ rob

.....but the one I have wears a 6" half-lug barrel, which makes it far more lively.

I agree about the grip situation. There are a few other manufacturers (three I think) of wood grips. My intention has been to pick up a set of wood monogrips that have no finger grooves, then reduce the size of the grip at the top rear, directly behind the hammer. I think that would serve my needs, but until the the rubber grips and wood insert work fairly well.

Otony

Mine wears the 3" style compact grips...

by rob @, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:49 (3990 days ago) @ Otony

And I have some black ash burl inserts. Helps me like it a bit more:) I also have a set of full sized GP100 grips with the black and gray laminate inserts. I like them ok and they feel a bit less crowded but the smaller grips conceal easier. It came with the rubber Monogrip which I have but i don't care for them much on Smiths or Rugers.

Otony -- Ruger Security Six

by John Meeker @, Sunday, October 27, 2013, 09:30 (3989 days ago) @ Otony

zip me an E & phone # - at marshgrrl aht gee mail daht kom, Thank You

RSS Feed of thread