What sort of sling swivel is used with this style of stud?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 08:09 (3992 days ago)

[image]

Is this for a hook style or other? Getting confused with some of the European styles. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

I always picture those with the fish hook style.

by John K., Thursday, October 24, 2013, 08:16 (3992 days ago) @ Hoot

Is there something different used?

That's my thought as well John.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 08:20 (3992 days ago) @ John K.

There's an "English style tie-on rawhide" that I've seen for sale but never seen installed. Mr. Google brings up a number of different wire loops held into the stud with a screw. The only thing I know for sure is it ain't an Uncle Mike's!

Ironically enough....

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 08:29 (3992 days ago) @ Hoot

The first picture I amd up with for the hook style had your original picture in it...

http://www.hallowellco.com/sling_eye.htm

Have a set of hooks,. could be for sale..will look for...

by John Meeker @, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:37 (3992 days ago) @ Slow Hand

may be a day or so, to find.

Thanks John.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:52 (3992 days ago) @ John Meeker

The front is a Mannlicher type of loop but I suppose a feller could use a hook on the butt and the 'usual' leather wrap on the front. The front appears to be for a 3/4" width but a 7/8" would also probably work.

Please let me know what you find.

Yep. Where I lifted the picture.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:55 (3992 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Going back, I see I missed the word "or" in the description for the rawhide ties. So, it looks like either the fish hook with a flat sling or the rawhide tied directly to the stud.

Probably one of these...

by DMann, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:41 (3992 days ago) @ Hoot

Doug: Great to see you here!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:42 (3992 days ago) @ DMann

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Doug: Great to see you here!

by DMann, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 14:19 (3992 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I lurk..., therefore I am.

Doug Mann

Doug, you've been missed old friend.

by Murphy @, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 16:25 (3992 days ago) @ DMann

Good to see you posting again.

I, like many others hope to see you again at the next CSA.

Murphy

So, he owes you m oney as well?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 17:48 (3991 days ago) @ Murphy

;-) :-D

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Nope, last count I had we were even.

by Murphy @, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 20:37 (3991 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Long, long ago. I 'borrowed' his seat while he was up getting dinner down in Texas at my first CSA event.

We've had fun ever since buying each other dinner.

Murphy

That was one of the funniest things ever...

by DMann, Friday, October 25, 2013, 09:13 (3991 days ago) @ Murphy

And of course, nobody can be mad at Murphy - it's not humanly possible.

Right now the proposed CSA dates conflict with the kids' Spring Break and with the deadline for revenue bills (appropriations and bonds) to be filed in the Legislature, so it is not looking good for me.

However, it is only October..., anything is possible.

Doug Mann

RSS Feed of thread