OT Seafoam

by Jhenry, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 18:12 (3992 days ago)

Anyone use Seafoam in their fuel or crankcase?

Fuel, especially on 2 stroke engines. Great stuff.

by Todd C, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 18:15 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Yes, fine product.

by John K., Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 18:58 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Fuel treatment mostly, but sometimes use it in the vacuum system to clean an old motor I'm working to fix up. Just a heads up - makes the exhaust look like a mosquito truck fogger for a bit.

As poor as gas is these days, I use this and Stabil regularly. There's something like 20+ gas engines here and at the farm and I never fool with draining the tanks.

OT Seafoam

by Josh M., Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:34 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Anytime I fill a gas can, it gets some sea foam in it. I never drain gastanks on my equipment anymore, and thanks to seafoam it isnt an issue. - JM.

OT Seafoam

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:37 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Small engine repair shop I use turned me on to Seafoam. They love it. I have my snow thrower with new oil and the prescribed amount of this stuff along with fresh gas also treated.

Art

OT Seafoam

by Gary G, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:37 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

My Fuel Injector repair guy Highly Recommends it.

oh heck yes!

by bob, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 20:19 (3992 days ago) @ Gary G

onliest thing that kept my 13 year old Craftsman mower mowing! Also used it in my chain saw and my truck.

I mix it 50/50 with B12 Chemtool to flush injectors...

by rob @, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 21:54 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Works great for that. Probably not a bad additive for the fuel tank. The Seafoam throttle body cleaner is worthless.

I just use the Chemtool with every oil change

by anachronism, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:57 (3992 days ago) @ rob

So far, I've never had an injector issue. Now that we're mandated to use 10% ethanol in everything, all bets are off. No straight gas anymore...:-(

Actually, the ethanol burns cleaner....

by rob @, Friday, October 25, 2013, 21:00 (3990 days ago) @ anachronism

than non-ethanol. At first I was doing a ton of injector flushes and replacing stopped up fuel filters because it was flushing all the crap out of the tank and lines. After a while it settled down and I've seen a large drop in the number of injector cleanings to solve problems now compared to the pre ethanol days. I don't mind the 10% but the E85 stinks unless you're running a race car tuned for alcohol. My issue with the 10% stuff is it needs a good octane booster in a lot of engines. My Wrangler clatters bad with regular and sometimes even with mid grade in the hot summer months here in Texas. A 1/4 can of B12 helps as much as anything.

Been my "secret weapon" for years.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:47 (3992 days ago) @ Jhenry

Used in crankcase for sticky lifter type noises--not really 'fixed' but bought time. In the fuel tank as described above.

Good stuff.

Also used their TransTune on one occasion that cured a balky shifting Suburban.

RSS Feed of thread