Question for you fella's?

by Westley R Debord @, United States, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 17:27 (4628 days ago)

I know Cowboy Action Shooting is sort of fading and was wondering if someone may have a marlin 45 Colt w/the octagon barrel in real good shape,brother in law had one , sold it and now just HAS TO HAVE IT BACK. which is perfectly understandable if you know my brother in law.
I appreciate your time and thanks in advance.
Wes

Not fading

by Bud, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 18:13 (4628 days ago) @ Westley R Debord

CAS around these parts,still going like gangbusters. Lot of young folks, including young ladies, plus lot of females shooting regular like too. Granted there are plenty of grey hairs, but the 49'er class is still huge. I'll ask around about the 45 Marlin. What kind of money you lookin to spend ? Most folks rather have the '73, but I still have my Marlin cowboy 41, just in case the '73 pukes.

I'm with Bud, not fading around here. Don't know of a 45C

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 19:14 (4628 days ago) @ Bud

Marlin for sale, I'm keeping mine.

current in Prescott AZ price for a older Marlin in pistol

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 19:49 (4628 days ago) @ Westley R Debord

calibers is 700+. Good luck on your hunt!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That's what they bring around here too...

by Bud, Wednesday, February 01, 2012, 10:33 (4627 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

unless its the 357. that one is sought after and you will pay bunch more. Even a nice 39 or 39A will run you 6 bills around here !!! Crazy.....

You might look at a Puma: I hve a couple and they are pretty

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 20:16 (4628 days ago) @ Westley R Debord

good looking lever guns very reliable and smooth. about 500+/- around here new

--

Puma

by Bud, Wednesday, February 01, 2012, 10:31 (4627 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I've always wondered why I never see a Puma '92 in the gunshops or gunshows around these parts. Always wanted one when the prices were reasonable. Wanted a Winchester '92 when they made some runs before going under....that didn't happen either. Friend bought one of these in a nice '92 45LC with octagon barrel, however it would not feed normal OAL ammo so he had to crimp over the front drive band to feed this thing. Damn I hate loading special for different firearms of the same caliber.

Puma: 2 357s and one 44 mag they feed semi wad cutter's Jim

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 01, 2012, 13:44 (4627 days ago) @ Bud

Taylor's 357 feeds full wad cutters, after he slicked it up. I really like them particularly in 357 for just a knocking around carbine.

--

I've handled Jim's Puma

by Bud, Thursday, February 02, 2012, 09:42 (4626 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Its slickern 2 eels in a bucket of snot.

RSS Feed of thread