KCI Magazines

by bpjon, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 08:59 (4001 days ago)

Anybody have experience with KCI magazines? I just came into a Glock 17 with some very old magazines, and I'm shopping for replacements. I'll probably end up with two Glock factory magazines in case the Canadians invade or some other serious event, but would like to have several others for range abuse, misuse, loaning to subcompetent friends, etc.

I have a bunch of those So Korean mags and they work fine

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 09:33 (4001 days ago) @ bpjon

we use them for training carry factory clocks or Scheerer magazines in the guns and for spares. Honestly, I have had a dozen or more for about 2-3 years and haven't tested them to the point that I feel absolutely confident in them.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

KCI Magazines

by Alfred John, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 10:39 (4001 days ago) @ bpjon

I bought some of these magazines when they were first offered. I took each one apart and inspected them inside and out. I found a few with extrusions inside the mag. well, no problem to removed the extra material in the well. Since then no problems with them. I understand South Korea adopted the Glock to some decree but were hit with high prices on the magazines, so they started manufacturing their own. They do seem well made especially the later ones coming in. ATB

KCI Magazines

by uncowboy, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 11:30 (4001 days ago) @ Alfred John

I have not had much luck with any aftermarket mags. J.Michael

KCI Magazines

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 05:02 (4000 days ago) @ bpjon

I've got as all pile of them. I have had good luck with all but one of them I numbered the baseplayes so I could kelp track of any with issues. I also have some of the 33 round happy sticks I've use in my SUB2000's and JRC carbine with good luck. I've heard some have flashing inside the tube which is easily fixed. I've also read several folk reccomening replacing the springs with factory Glock or Wolff if you're having feeding issues.

Like Rob says, I carry factory Glock mags and use these for range time and informal competitions.

RSS Feed of thread